Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Well thanks! Now I got some serious Jem gas. Always admired them but had other guitars to get first. Love the monkey grip design from the beginning. :)

Alright so here's the deal ... I would like to have a Jem or Jem style (monkey grip!) guitar - but would prefer it be a 7 string. That's all I've been playing lately - just got a new K7. What are my options? Anything new coming out? Or will I need to watch for a particular model used?

I'm searching and reading, too, but thought I'd get some ideas at the same time.

Thanks!
Daf

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
The JEM 7 string is nice but spendy.
You could look at getting one added to an Ibanez RG7620 or similar model.
This would require repainting the body if you want it to look good.
I know Livewire Guitars adds grips, lions claw and the JEM input jack too.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The JEM 7 string is nice but spendy.
You could look at getting one added to an Ibanez RG7620 or similar model.
This would require repainting the body if you want it to look good.
I know Livewire Guitars adds grips, lions claw and the JEM input jack too.
Damn man are you related to the dude that runs Livewire? You should be on his payroll you're like a walking billboard for him :mrgreen:

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you really want a JEM and you play 7 string guitars, I think there's no best option than the new JEM 7V7... It's just a JEM with one extra string!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
If you really want a JEM and you play 7 string guitars, I think there's no best option than the new JEM 7V7... It's just a JEM with one extra string!
I agree here. Some people don't think it's great. But for me, that is the only option. It's stunning and the first of its kind. Go big or go home, don't skimp on price, the quality and novelty is worth the price here.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I know... I was just busting his a$$ :p
Haha! I never met Mike but I feel like I know him already via Sebastian!
Just kidding myself... haha!

Seriously, I had a thought to try my hand at routing, buy an RG7640 in white and make a UV7PWH copy as a goof on the UV70. :D

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Haha! I never met Mike but I feel like I know him already via Sebastian!
Just kidding myself... haha!

Seriously, I had a thought to try my hand at routing, buy an RG7640 in white and make a UV7PWH copy as a goof on the UV70. :D
Go ahead and try it, I did it to my RG570... I ended up swirling it, but I liked it so much with the white primer I almost kept it white and bought a pickguard :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow - yeah the JEM 7 looks like an awesome guitar! But that's just too much money, more like an investment - even if I did get it I would be afraid to take it out of the case. :p

That's interesting about the LiveWire mods, may look into that.

Thanks for all the replies and help! :mrgreen:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts