Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my first post here and i'm asking for a lil help.
So, i might buy a jem 333 in a few days with approximately 250$.
Is this considred a good a deal?
Also is the floyd rose good with this one cuz this is the main reason i wanna switch guitars (i own an Ax-50)?
If anyone can help me it would mean alot to me.
Also are there fakes of the 333 and is so how to spot them?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Well from a quick Google search it looks like the 333 has a couple different bridges. Either an edge 3 or... The TRS/ or standard DL trem (the TRS and the standard DL look essentially the same) None of which are particularly good trem systems. And like any lower end ibanez, build quality it all over the place. You could buy it and it play just fine, or it could be the worst thing you've ever laid your hands on. If you are not dead set on having the monkey grip, I would suggest buying a Genesis 550 since the body shape is essentially the same as a JEM. The Genesis has an available HSH pickup configuration, and you have higher quality build parts and much better fret work. There's a huge difference between a jem 333 and a Genesis 550 in terms of build quality and tuning stability. The 333 is essentially the same build quality as a satriani js100, they are not even close to the real deal. Though $250 is cheap, it's not worth it unless your plans are to mod it. And even then, you're spending more anyway. Why not just buy the better instrument to begin with? I hope this helps. Sorry if it bursts your bubble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.