Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's a great mod to do with my Jr (if you don't mind me using your idea!) Did you have to do any routing in the cavity, and did you rout the pickguard? That looks pretty exact.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What tremolos will fit geometrically? And mechanically (i.e using the same studs or stud anchors)?

I'm thinking new tremolo (new knobs already in place) sustainer and plek-job (It the neck turns out to be a good one)

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
What tremolos will fit geometrically? And mechanically (i.e using the same studs or stud anchors)?

I'm thinking new tremolo (new knobs already in place) sustainer and plek-job (It the neck turns out to be a good one)
AFAIk Noone has confirmed a direct, no mod drop in for the Ibanez Std DL that comes with the JEMjr. But if you one you can measure compare to these two trems. The GE1996 allows more stud tolerance with one flat edge but is 1.5mm wider than the OFR.

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have guitar with std tremolo and I replaced it with schaller lockmeister without modification, but when I am watching this picture I think that string bolts under fine tuners and route on my guitar are longer then here.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
I have guitar with std tremolo and I replaced it with schaller lockmeister without modification, but when I am watching this picture I think that string bolts under fine tuners and route on my guitar are longer then here.
Great info. Can you attach a picture? I've attached the schaller lockmeister dimensions

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.