Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the nut clamping blocks on my Jem Jr Sp (Standard Double Locking Trem / R3 nut), but I can't find what size the factory blocks are? I've looked all over Google but I can't seem to find the info I need. Does anyone happen to know what size the locking nut clamping blocks / pressure pads are on the Jem Jr Sp?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Just get the ones that fit an R3 nut. Try Whammy Parts dot com or Rich @ Ibanezrules. Is there a reason why you are replacing them? The only time I replace them is if I lose one. I keep a few spares on hand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just get the ones that fit an R3 nut. Try Whammy Parts dot com or Rich @ Ibanezrules. Is there a reason why you are replacing them? The only time I replace them is if I lose one. I keep a few spares on hand.
Thanks for the info. I'm upgrading all screws and anything else that comes in contact with the strings, to either steel or titanium. It supposedly increases sustain and tone.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm upgrading all screws and anything else that comes in contact with the strings, to either steel or titanium. It supposedly increases sustain and tone.
Actually, as the string contacts the nut before the lock blocks, you probably what be able to hear a difference from changing the lock blocks. Kind of like different
tuners will not do much either. Anything behind the nut won’t do anything.

‘Make sure that you set the string retention bar nice and low. You should be able to lock it down and not have the strings go sharp if the bar is set right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.