Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Wow, Im baffeled... it looks like a RG with a monkey grip added but it may be those cheap JEM remakes, however there is alot wrong with it... they even cut the pickguard for some reason, wrong trem, I think that is a real Ibanez neck, but not sure.. it looks like it was sanded.

Its just amazing, and I be some will buy it thinking its a JEM

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its definitely NOT any ibanez we see stateside. The tremolo as a whole doesnt look that bad, but im sure its really soft potmetal. Everythign else is wrong though. The trussrod cover is a dead giveaway that its not an ibanez neck, the headstock shapes even a little off

·
Registered
881 Posts
not in terms of craftsmanship, but i like it better than the 7vwh. then again, i have made many comments about not digging the gold and the vine (essentially what makes it a 7vwh hahahah). i guess i just like the chrome better than the gold.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not only is that not even close to a real ibanez guitar buy I personally dont think its a legit auction. For the payment he wants western union. My dad did this recently and lost 1500 dollers....... Yup it was a non legit auction. So besure to use western union when u buy something off ****.

·
Registered
491 Posts
When the first pic came up I thought it wasn't too bad a copy......for a cheap eastern copy anyway.............

But then saw the bridge pickup, and look at the finish around the edge of the trem rout and possibly on the treble side of the neck rout; it looks horrible, like it's all chipped. Nasty.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I think that looks like crap. That's probably the type of junk that caused Ibanez/Vai to create the 555 and 333 models. Of course it's not a real Ibanez, and the seller is in China.... that should say enough right there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
That confirms my belief that Ibanez branded knock offs exist. This particular one is a poor attempt but I recently walked into a store in Asia that was full of NOS USRG's, American Masters, 90's (PGM, JEM & JPM) P3's, P4's and the original J-Custom series. They looked the real deal but it was too good to be true.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.