Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys - newish here longtime non poster because I haven't had a Ibanez in a while. Last one was a 770 DX. Picked up my dream guitar - a green Jem - last night. Saw these a week ago and had to have one! Guitar is killer really great player and sounds awesome. Love the Edge trem - really smooth action.

I haven't seen much about these - I assume they are a namm 2017 announcement and I got an early one.

EDIT - just added all my pics to the first post for convenience.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
How the heck did you get it already? I didn't think they would street until after NAMM, and I darn sure didn't think any dealer would be allowed to let one leave their shop before Ibanez even announced them! Glad to hear good things about it though, I preordered one as well!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Saw your post on JCF! Still impressed. I'll repeat what I already said:
"Awesome! A dream guitar I'll never be able to get my hands on. Congratz and enjoy!"

And rock the f*ck out of it! I really hope you bought it to play it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I didn't even know that they had these out so I was surprised when I saw the three of them on the wall last week. Obviously I obsessed about it for the whole week before I went back last night to buy. Had to have a green one. I've wanted one since the orignals first came out.

This was at Sam Ash in New York. They've been on the wall for a week or more. No one there knew there was anything special about them so I don't know if Ibanez told them not to sell before NAMM or what. As of last night they still had a pink and a yellow.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
I don't think they are allowed to have them on display. Perhaps one of the dealers on here knows better. Lucky you though! Maybe I should make a trip down there and see if they have anything else they shouldn't have out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics, Gradturk! Congrats, a really nice guitar!

I´d like to know, if there is any difference to the old 777 LGs. Could you maybe post another pic from the neckplate and the backside of the guitar?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Wow! Quality you've managed to get your hands on one, but I'm extremely taken back they're hung up on the wall for all to see in a dealer without them even being announced yet.

I'm off to NAMM next week so I suspect to see them there... and hopefully that will just fuel my excitement for the LNG I've managed to secure :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's the pic I snapped when I first saw them last weekend. I hadn't known these were coming but I always wanted a green on since I was a kid. They were on the wall for a week at least.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for sharing the pics, Gradturk! Congrats, a really nice guitar!

I´d like to know, if there is any difference to the old 777 LGs. Could you maybe post another pic from the neckplate and the backside of the guitar?
Sure. Snapped some more pics -

·
Registered
157 Posts
Excellent! Congratulations!

Looks like they did not want to leave out the neck improvements they came up with since.
So, this does not look limited at all. Any info on that?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Excellent! Congratulations!

Looks like they did not want to leave out the neck improvements they came up with since.
So, this does not look limited at all. Any info on that?
Case candy includes a color matched multi tool.

And back stage pass style certificate of authenticity

1 - 20 of 114 Posts