• lulz

Votes: 16 51.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Vendor
26,380 Posts
To be any kind of accurate you would need all the details on the guitar.
EXACT critical condition evaluation.
What is the package, what case, paperwork, etc.
Pictures of the actual guitar to judge by.

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
You're right of course, but I was under the impression that question refered more to the "unique nature" of the 666 rather than the guitar itself.

and surely 777 would be the actual valuable one along with 7 and 77?

·
Vendor
26,380 Posts
No guitar is only valued by it's edition number, the number just adds a premium to what the base guitar is worth.

#1 the most valuable, followed by 777. Whatever other numbers are special to individuals past that [88 to the Chinese, obviously 666 to the satanic :lol:]

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was mostly a joke guys, im referring the thread where vaiking666 asked rich to make a poll about the value of his LNG #666 :p

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
No guitar is only valued by it's edition number, the number just adds a premium to what the base guitar is worth.

#1 the most valuable, followed by 777. Whatever other numbers are special to individuals past that [88 to the Chinese, obviously 666 to the satanic :lol:]
Until you posted that I was (everything else with the guitars being equal) all "Yeah I'd definately pay more for 777" now I'm thinking, "Yeah, but number 1 is number1" which, I guess is how the "market" feels too :)

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Well my guess would be that #666 would be a later, Japanese market guitar. So right off the bat it wouldn't have the special case with the serial number plaque.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Obviously all true Vai fans would note Steve Vai's birthday being 06/06/60!!
...passion and warfare...sex and religion...the whole duality yin yang thing goin on!!................Jack Butler????..Anyone remember Crossroads?????

·
Registered
428 Posts
...passion and warfare...sex and religion...the whole duality yin yang thing goin on!!................Jack Butler????..Anyone remember Crossroads?????
Wow, that is a fact! I did not know that... far out!

Isn't it weird how people are attached to certain numbers? I mean it's true someone would probably pay more for #1 over #2 too, even though the guitars will be, to all intents and purposes, identical. Although I imagine Vai has #1 so I can see the added value of this particular guitar!

·
Vendor
26,380 Posts
Well my guess would be that #666 would be a later, Japanese market guitar. So right off the bat it wouldn't have the special case with the serial number plaque.
Exactly, overseas model with signed trem cover, but it's been 10 years and I don't remember. But absolutely all of that matters to what it's worth as a guitar, before adding on the premium for a desirable number.

No doubt it's a desirable number. No doubt if a satanic Vai fan that always dreamed of owning LNG666 hit the Powerball for 300 uberlarge, he'd pay you one millllliiiion dollars for it, on his road to bankruptcy in 10 years :lol:

If you can find the deep money that is willing to pay what you would take to part with it, you have every right to boast that's what it's worth. But you have to sell it to prove it ;)

Otherwise we have to value it on what we think it's worth. Good LNG's are desirable and expensive guitars. There was a charity auction LNG that sold for $10k on Long Island 15 years ago, at a time market valuation was around $3000 for good ones. I think Ed Roman was only asking $7,777 for them at the time :lol:

Right now I'd value

LNG #1 - $20-25,000. It's got a little chip that may deter the big money.
LNG #777 - $15-20,000.

These guitars are both Hoshino USA cased, with important provenance. The guitars and packages are the most desirable of all LNG's. What #666 is worth depends on what it is, plus whatever somebody will pay you for the number. If #666 is HUSA cased, cool gliphs, super clean sitting in it's pale pink lined with plaque and all docs, i'd definitely give you a valuation of $10k+ on it. If it's overseas, with signed cover in gray cardboard case with no docs or tools, played in board, and a few small blems, I'd have to call it more in the $6,666 range. If I had to give an insurance valuation that's the area I'd be thinking, unless you can convince me otherwise. You can always prove your point by selling it for $15,000, and no doubt there might be somebody out there that would pay it, but until you do, I'll stick with my valuation ;)

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
If it's overseas, with signed cover in gray cardboard case with no docs or tools, played in board, and a few small blems, I'd have to call it more in the $6,666 range.
Honestly I'm really surprise to hear you estimate it's value that high. I figured that the #666 would add maybe a few hundred to a thousand to the price of a typical overseas guitar.

As long as we're assigning value to LNG's with desirable numbers, I came up with a few more! These owners should step up and cash in!

#17 - I'm sure Reb Beach would pay handsomely for that!
#18 - You could get a bidding war between Alice Cooper and the guy from Skid Row!
#51 & #50 - These owners should team up, saw both guitars in half, glue them back together and take it to the bank when Eddie Van Halen opens his wallet for the #5150 double neck LNG!
#55 - Sammy Hagar won't be able to drive 55 to get to your house and plod down a fat stack of cash for this guitar!
#99 - That 99 Luftballoons person probably is loaded!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.