Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am about to make a deal with a local dude but I'm a bit afraid. I'm trading my gibson for his Jem. I have pictures of it here, if you guys can please get back to me regading this. I want to know if this is a FAKE or NOT. The serial NR is F0601874 and the serial number decoder says that it is real.

Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant, Japan
Production Number: 1874

Check out the pic's and get to me very soon please.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's wrong with the grip? I mean what is different, I didn't spot any differences between this one and the real thing. I'm a bit confused. Sorry :) I don't see it....I even compared it to the pictures of Jem's online and everything matched up. What about the heel of the thing? Please xplain so I can learn. Thanks

What about the serial nr??? It says that it's made in 2006 in the fuji plant...I thought only serial nr's with C's are fake but then again anything is possible.

Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
29 Posts
team j craft logo, serial number cheaply stamped. fake tremolo has gold fine tuners( real jem 7vs have black tuners and are edge pros or lo pros, grip is too big, fretboard with sh**y scallops. believe us mate! we see these fakes a lot. take it from Rich too! he has a sharp eye for these.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ty everyone...you've been a big help on helping me make up my mind. My mind is made up...I keep the Gibson and he can go eat ..... BTW I know where he lives (LOL) :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm really starting to think we shouldn't be pointing out all these details.

Scammers and fakers will be reading these threads to improve their product, we're just making it easier for them to scam others...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It's quite clear that they are blind to some of those finer points, as are the poor folks who buy these monstrous lumps of plywood posing as guitars.

But then again, there are people who buy J-customs with an EZ trem ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts