Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k, so i got 2 questions here. Is there any difference in the feel of the UVs and the JEMs? say i had to choose between UV777 and JEM7VWH, would there be that big of a gap? second question, are seven strings harder to play than 6 strings? last thing real quick on that first topic, personal choice, what would you pick, uv777 ,7vwh?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
It's really your call whether or not you want to go with 7 strings or not. If you've never played a 7 string before it'll take a bit of time to get used to, but once you've got the hang of it, it requires no effort switching back and forth. 7 strings are great when you want a lot of low and heavy chugga-chugga type rhythm. Now that I've started to talk about 7 strings I got the urge to play my UV right now.

·
Banned
916 Posts
I have both a vwh and a uv777 and I love them both, it would take a lot to permamently pry either one from my hands. I bought my vwh first, and that is probably a good starting point so I would say go for that.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
I think I'd get the Jem first. The 7VWH is an amazing guitar. The UV's are great guitars as well, but the resale is better on the 7VWH. You can sell a 7VWH and buy a UV. If you get the UV and then decide to sell it and get the Jem, you'll need additional cash to cover the price of the Jem. They're both great, but I'd get the Jem.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
hard decision! we gave advice to take the jem, to take the uv and to take both.I think the guy still do not know what to do.
But! Both guitars is top instruments, after a certain point it is just matter of taste!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.