Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought a Jem 555 forever ago, the wood for the trem split, (I got it very cheaply)
I had a body made by Harperz guitars which ended up being cut incorrectly and EKG (Eddie Kolesar) graciously offered to correct it, which he did.
I also had Jeremy, A.K.A. LGM, extend the inlays to the 24th fret and swap out my wife's name for Steve Vai's.
I tung oiled it and assembled everything and have been playing it for the past decade or so.
It's been fine, but I am tired of the tung oil finish. I was going to have the body swirled, but i have, over the years fallen in love with figured maple tops, so I got an itch to go with a flame maple top and my own color.

She's getting gold hardware, white pickups, but i don't know if I want to use EVOs or something with a lil more finesse?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EVO pups
I am stalled due to ripping out my garage floor to install a new one.
I drilled holes for the stud inserts using info I found here, but the holes were a tad small, so I need to measure the inserts and find an appropriate bit. Once my garage is back together, I will resume this project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.