Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, in the last few years I started to get into custom made guitars, and less in collecting.

The first to go in that change was the BSB, and recently I sold both UVMCs and last week it was time for the jem10 to go. I left the PMC at an Ibanez dealer for them to sale for a couple of month but they didnt sell it so far. I think I m going to pick it up and hang to that guitar (at least for a while)

I also sold a couple of the custom guitars I owned (the RG AZTEC and the bird eye S)

I will probably sell the the S500N.

I still love Ibanez guitars, and aside the PMC still own a few (the Custom Reb Beach is based on a 92 RBM and the Custom RT is based on a RT650) plus the S500N.

Tomorrow Im buying a 91 jem77FP, so I cant say that Im done with Ibanez guitars at all. In fact Ill also try to get back a starfield SJ cabriolet I used to own.

As soon as I get the FP and pick up the PMC Ill take an updated group shot.

I hope I dont regret selling this guitars!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I sold each of the UVMCs for 2200USD. And the jem10 for 3950USD.

I had to sell them all locally (even thouh one of them was sold to a fellow jemsiter who lives in Itally, but he was visiting argentina at the moment). The shipping + insurance costs were very expensive to try to sell them elsewhere.

Ive just received a couple of emails, so may be the GHostrider GR520 and the S500N are also going to be sold soon!

There are 2 guitars that I wouldnt sell though, the Custom RBM and the Custom PGM are staying for good! :)

The Pacificas 1412, are also going to stay.

If I sell both the S500N and the GR520 Id still be left with about 9 guitars wich is an awfull lot to me, so I dont think Ill be missing the ones that are gone.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Sorry to hear you let your beloved UVMCs go. Those were sweet.;)

Well, the PMC and BFP are nice guitars so congrats on those. :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not a BFP, actually its an FP and it needs a huge restoration. Frankly, buying that guitar was a mistake since it needs a lot of work.

One of the previus owners aplied a layer of black over the the body and the clearcoated over it. The result was a very dark pattern. This imbecile also clearcoated the neck and replaced the original bridge and single coil pups for a black Evolution and some other black Di Marzio single coil.

It also lacked the original knobs

So..., I ve already bought the original knobs, and I already sanded through 1/3 of the face of the guitar reaching the original finish. Marianozz was kind enough to agree to trade a pink Paf Pro he owns for a black evo pup.

If everything goes smoothly and I dont find any other hidden surprises from this idiot, the guitar should be restored to near perfection after 20-30 hours of hard work.

This week Ill be selling the Ghostrider and buying back the Starfield SJ Cabriolet (equipped with 2 Paf Classic pups, so it is a thing of beauty)

As soon as the FP is restored and I get the SJ Cabriolet Ill post pics of them.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
RCB said:
Its not a BFP, actually its an FP and it needs a huge restoration. Frankly, buying that guitar was a mistake since it needs a lot of work.
My bad, RCB, even so, I love the FPs alot, even though it was a mistake, hopefully you can restore it nicely, which I think you'll do well with restoring it even if it takes alot more than 20-30 hours, which doesn't seem so bad at all.... post up some pics of the restoring process. :)

I envy who ever acquired the UVMCs from you. ;)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well one of them was Zero, a fellow jemsiter.

The other one bought it to resell it for a higher price (wich he did).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts