Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been looking for info on DNA 236 as I'm the current owner and found this link in the classifieds, interesting it was originally from the USA as I live in the UK.
I've owned it since 2015 and I purchased it from a guy in Truro in Cornwall in the UK.
Not really sure of how it came to be here in the UK but I'd be interested if any of you guys know much of its previous history?

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f31/fs-jem-dna-236-dead-mint-75908.html

·
Vendor
26,379 Posts
If you're trying to figure out the 7 years since he sold it I wouldn't ask on a forum, I'd start with who you bought it from ;)

You know from his add where it was the first 8 years. His story is a little wrong, his was a post pick sale, and I seriously doubt there were 30 to choose from listed online at that time, but a little exaggeration isn't a crime, more a misdemeanor.

254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're trying to figure out the 7 years since he sold it I wouldn't ask on a forum, I'd start with who you bought it from ;)

You know from his add where it was the first 8 years. His story is a little wrong, his was a post pick sale, and I seriously doubt there were 30 to choose from listed online at that time, but a little exaggeration isn't a crime, more a misdemeanor.
I remember the seller I bought it from said he'd bought it from a music shop in London, he didn't know how it ended up here in the UK though. Somebody must have really wanted it at the time as the import dutys are a killer.
I'm assuming it's been through your hands Rich as I've seen a picture of it on your couch with several other DNA's.

·
Registered
791 Posts
That was my old one - why I posted in the thread you linked to that it was gone. I brought it over when the pound was doing well against the dollar, forget what I paid but worked out about £3300 I think. I was using a freight forwarder in Tampa at the time and was going to pick it up there after a trip to the Kennedy Space Centre to hand carry it back. But on the day I was going to pick it up some multi-car pile-up closed the freeway so I couldn't get there and still make the flight.

I got it mailed back, undeclared the value to avoid customs fees, and sweated on the fact someone wouldn't run it over with a forklift as it was obviously not insured for full value. When I went to pick it up the woman behind the counter brought it out, propped it up against the wall, and then we both looked on as it toppled over to land face down on the floor. I've never, ever hit a woman but I swear that's the closest I've ever come! Fortunately it was well packed and survived intact.

I sold this off with my whole 30+ Jem/UV collection when I moved overseas in 2011, it went on consignment to Rockers on Denmark St and sold within seconds. I forget what I had it listed for but was well north of price paid even with their 10%. Hopefully it's still mint, as it was certainly that way when it left me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts