Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, remember that 555 neck I was doing for Bammbamm? well, it's pretty much done now save for a couple tiny touch ups I wanna do before I send it back out, just thought I'd share the pics with you all now, and try to drum up some more business LOL. Let me know what you think!!!!

And here is teh 24th fret inlay, this took nearly 3 hours to cut, it's only 1" long, and less than 1/4" tall.

·
Registered
520 Posts
JEM555 neck finished

Jesus, Jeremy, that looks amazing! You sure that's really a 555? ;)

I'm trying to scrounge up some money to buy a car, but I'll have to find some more if you keep showing me work like that...

·
Registered
129 Posts
JEM555 neck finished

That neck looks great I always wondered how a 555 neck would turn out after doing something like that. before I bought my VWH I was thinking about buying a 555 and having somebody do this to the neck. How much do you charge to do this upgrade? I am sure you will get alot of people wanting this done to their 555 necks keep up the great work.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
JEM555 neck finished

Beautiful work, Jeremy! I have to squint really hard to even detect a hint of the old dot at the 21st fret on that close up. Great job!

What material did you use for the vine's stem? Did you do this with the frets still on, or did you pull them, re-do the inlay and do a refret?

If you did it with the frets on, hats off to you, me boyo!

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
JEM555 neck finished

It was an entire refret with the old being replaced with new Dunlop 6100 Fretwire.
Essentially I'm rebuilding a 555 into a 7v. I got the original 555 damaged for $200.00 had a new body built by Harper's guitars routed for an Edge Trem and a white pearloid pickguard made for it.
I have been looking for someone to do the inlays for a while, then Jeremy announced he could do it, so off to Alberta, the neck went. I just got a new air compresor and am picking up a new spraygun this weekend so I'm shooting the body a plain white with a pearl clear coat, and then a regular clear over that. I will take pics of the whole process and post them to my web page.
I will give you guys the full details and url when its up.

Jeremy has kept me informed the whole time about the neck's progress and sent pics when he could.
I couldn't be happier without having the neck in my hands, ready to bolt on.
Jeremy, your work RAWKZ ! ! !
Thanx a million bud.
Now, anyone who wants some pro results on their guitars call Jeremy QUICKLY before he gets too busy, I can guarantee that word will get out, he has already had offers to handle his local music store's work load.

Bamm

Now Jeremy can post his URL cuz I can't find it now... dammit...

·
Registered
520 Posts
JEM555 neck finished

Hey Jeremy I've got an old wrecked project guitar that was never finished.. Basically it's a carvin neck-through neck I was able to get cheaply glued together with some really crappy scrap maple, and due to terrible planning on my part I couldn't finish it. I had a single Evo (which ended up in my LP) meant for the bridge, with a tiny little channel for routing the wires, and with the help of a horribly bent square, I was able to drill a hole way off centre meant for a tune-o-matic bridge ;) If you're interested in fixing up a piece of crap.. I mean treasure.. Let me know, and I'll put some pics up. I'm sure it's completely salvagable, but it's pretty ugly right now (the entire thing was done with hand tools)

·
Registered
101 Posts
JEM555 neck finished

I'm afraid I don't have enough time to congratulate Jeremy in all the areas he can amaze us... So this one is for all the others : GOOD JOB !!! (and yes, it goes for your playing, for the accoustic, for your wall of fame, for your jets...) Keep it up, man !

·
Registered
61 Posts
JEM555 neck finished

ALl I can say is wow, nice work, and congrats. So wheres that guitar? Im practically drooling. I always liked the look of the black jem555 but hated the inlay and trem. Has anyone upgraded to an edge and a vine on one of these? I want a jem7vbk "identical to the white guitar, only black, black pearly, and chrome, :> SOund good to anyone else? I wanna see wanna see. lol

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JEM555 neck finished

Well, bammbamm still has the spray work to do on the body and stuff, and I still need to send the neck back out, I'm just waiting for 2 frets GRRRRRR I got shorted 2 frets on my order and they rest still aren't in, so I can't send it out just yet. But once it's all done, I'm thinking it's gonna be awesome!

·
Registered
655 Posts
JEM555 neck finished

I'm saying link one website to the other (you have TWO!!). 'cause when I clicked on the "www" button under your message, I got to your personal site, and couldn't find a way to the tech site :)

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
JEM555 neck finished

Welp, Jeremy is sending out my neck and I will give a detailed report as to his workmanship, although we have seen some pretty good closeups of everything, I still want to get my grubby little mits on it and see what he did. As soon as I get it in hand, you will hear my opinions good or bad... (as if there will be any) Lets just hope it arrives in one piece.
Bamm

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.