Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and there are tons of posts in here, so maybe this has been answered before. But anyway, here's my question. 馃檪 I own a 1987 Jem777lng, and I was wondering if you guys know if the neck profile may differ a bit from each guitar? Were they handmade? What I've heard many jem owners say that the 777's have quite a round neck profile. But my LNG seem to go more towards a wizard profiled neck. It has the palm rest and is numbered and signed on the backplate, and I even have the original old reciept from the music store where it was sold in 1988. I also own a Jem77fp 1988, and that one has the more traditional chunkier jem profile neck. I hope someone can clear this up for me. 馃檪 Warm Regards /Stefan

Registered
It is 43 mm at the nut, 56 mm at the neck heel, 19 mm with at the 1st fret and 21 at the 12th. They were hand finished thus one can differ from another, but I wouldn鈥檛 say they are chunky. The profile is not as D as a wizard but more C shaped. Your FP should measure the same but with a little U shape.

Registered
I鈥檝e owned 6-7 different LNGs over time, and the necks were all pretty consistent size-wise.... EXCEPT for the one I still own. The neck is much more wizard-like than the previous examples, which were more in the territory of the VBK, RB, etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okey! That's interesting!:) Nice to hear I'm not the only one with a LNG with a wizard-like neck! =P I still wonder though how it could differ so much during the hand finishing? With only 777 LNGs made, and introducing a new signature model to the world, I thought the guitars would have had a more thorough inspection before leaving factory. =P I don't complain though cause I love the neck profile on my LNG anyway! =P
Thanks for answering! Cheers! /Stefan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.