Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I have a 1997 JEM77FP. I have been searching long and hard for what the original electronics were (specifically the two pots and capacitors) but have had no luck. The only Mexican Ibanez certified representative told me that, because it was a "limited edition" guitar, the original parts can no longer be bought anywhere. This seems a little off to me, as I don't think the electronics were one-of-a-kind or have anything special to them. I would think that identical pieces could be found, maybe under another model number or even brand.

On the Ibanez website, I only found the pots for the "JEM77P". And the model that they mention "3V504SBL01-KL" is nowhere to be found online for me to purchase. I bought two CTS 500K pots to try on for size, but they are too big to fit on the cavity (and the shaft too short).

Can anyone tell me what (and where) I can buy that would work on my guitar?

Sorry if this is obvious information. This is my first post ever...and even though I searched this site up and down and found nothing, maybe I did it wrong. Thank you everyone in advance.

Carlos Oliveros
Monterrey, Mexico

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you see the Ibanez Rules banner above? Drop Rich an e-mail asking for the part and he will tell and sell you the correct one for a reasonable price. As far as I know the electrics were Ibanez stock for Jem models, but I can’t tell you the reference number. As the FP were rear routed but had a clear pickguard I don’t know if the pots were longer to rose above the pickguard. I know the pickguard switch cavity was shaved down for the tip to rise out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts