Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I purchased the JEM77P. It's a great guitar and I love it.
Can you tell me if anyone has ideas on how to keep the tremolo arm to stay tight. What I mean is that when you tighten it to a proper seting it never stays for long.
The arm soon goes back to loose and swings around to much. I want to set the amount and I want it to stay until I am ready to remove it and put it back into the case.

A few years ago I purchased a JEM70V and it has the "normal" Edge tremolo with the plastic bushing. It's perfect when the bushing isn't worn out.
The fine tuners on the JEM70V aren't very resistant to being bumped and can go out of tune easily, I guess that's life.

But the fine tuners on the JEM77P Edge Zero II are very tight and are almost difficult to turn, that's OK. But the tremolo arm swings around and won't stay tightened to preference.

Any Ideas ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The arm design is the biggest issue with the Edge Zero 2 for me as well.

The bridge itself stays in tune despite heavy use just fine and it feels fine under the palm as well.

I think the problem is that the arm only has one nylon bushing where as the arm desing for the original Edge etc. has two bushings..

The only real solution I've seen seen is modifying the bridge to install the other arm holder - see this thread:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/edge-zero-ii-trem-arm-problems-136151.html

If you come across anything simpler I'd been keen to know...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Take piece of plastic bag and place it over tremolo arm and push it inside, cut excess. When it is worn replace it with new piece of plastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts