Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This picture is NOT the JEM77VBK. Scroll down for the actual pic.

Now imagine that with the gold all the same hue, or the vine possibly being white/pearloid.

I designed that a while ago and was wondering if anyone knew anything else about the looks of the new regular prodection JEM.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Re: JEM77VBK - Could it possibly look like this?

No no no, it has the same vine as the 7VWH, and a mirror pickguard. And chrome hardware and black pickups. It's going to be pretty cool, imo. :)

Myst

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

No no no, it has the same vine as the7VWH, and a mirror pickguard. And chrome hardware and black pickups. It's going to be pretty cool, imo. :)

Myst
hmmmm....

<voicetype = "8 feet tall guy">ME WANNA HAVE!</voicetype> :mrgreen:

But, WHAT ABOUT THE GOOD OLE PYRAMIDS???? Why no pyramids anymore???

Regards,

JP

·
Registered
5,514 Posts

So it's going to look like the DBK but with a vine and minus the textured finish, should look pretty cool. :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

So it's going to look like the DBK but with a vine and minus the textured finish, should look pretty cool. :)
Yeah, i'm actually somewhat interested in the new production JEM. Could be a good one, IMO (maybe with a little customizing). If it had pyramids instead of the vine I would be REALLY interested. We'll see when it really gets out and we have good pics.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts

Thanks for the pic, voodoo_child. I like it! Certainly a platform for customisation, but I'm sure in person the mirror pickguard would make it look a little edgier.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Would it be safe to assume that it would be around the cost of a DBK (retail)?

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Just seen the catalogue photo of the Jem77VBK

Imagine this...

but with a monkey grip, claw, and white vine.

Bit rubbish really :|

Having said that, it's like the 20th and we need to see them in person before casting judgement.

Since people are going to PM about it, let's just say I'm keeping schtum, BUT you can find pics on a certain 'cyberstore' ;)

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Re: Just seen the catalogue photo of the Jem77VBK

Oh yeah, you can only just about see it on the pic though. That's what I mean about the 'in-person' thing. Have you seen it Jim?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Re: Just seen the catalogue photo of the Jem77VBK

Hmm, I guess the Jems aren't as amazing to look at these days. The cool colours and stuff before were perhaps worth the money, but now what is basically an RG with a hole in it and some vine and binding, pretty pricey really.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts