Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been posted alot, but i cant seem to find one with the search engine here. The JEM7V is selling for about 2000 US and JEM77B for about 2300 at Tom Lee Music in Hong Kong and I need to order it and it will take 5 months to arrive here from Japan, but shipping will be covered by Tom Lee.

Lets say that I can buy both even though they are the same price. Which one is better? Whats the diffrences? I might be heading to Vancouver or Toronto in a month or so, should I just buy it there and not wait 5 months. The cheapest I found was 1800 US online, but iam not sure if i can find that price at just any convenient average music store in Canada.

Thanks in Advanced

·
Registered
35 Posts
so I guess your currently living in Hong Kong as well

[email protected]

if you have MSN add me

Its a tough choice, both are great. But I'm going to say the Jem7V because I like the evolution pickups and the neck inlays better. Maybe I'm wrong, but I heard from somewhere that the finish on the 77B will generally fade/worn out (someone clarify this please). They certainly raised the prices, when I got my Jem7vwh from Tom Lee Music two years ago, I got it for $10,000 HKD, so I guess thats about 1000USD or so.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its 16000 now for JEM7V and JEM77B for 18000, they say that theres going to be a discount of about 20% so 7v will be about 12000 and the mirror finish abit higher

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'd go with the JEM7V because EVO's sound best in alder and I really do believe that the finish on the JEM77B will start to fade sooner or later. But really it all comes down to personal preference because they are both top notch guitars.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
fwiw, when i was shopping around canada for a 7vwh, the best price i could find was around $2600CAN plus taxes. that was on the as-yet-unavailable '05 stock.

rich to the rescue!

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you wanna go for the look go 77b. I use mine for all my gigs and get a good reaction from the crowd. If you want the sound... I'd go with a7V .... its just a more well rounded guitar. Either way they are awesome instruments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts