Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how the playablility of teh JEM7V current production guitar, compare to the JEM7VWH. Any information comparision, aka how well they are, would be appricated. Thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
??

The Jem7VWH *is* a Jem7V. There are two 7V models: the VWH and the VSBL. The VWH is still in production. The VSBL was discontinued this year.

The other Jem that's currently in production is the 77BRMR, which is the mirrored one. Is that what you're talking about?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure, Jemsite here mentions the JEM7VWH has a ebony fretboard, but all Ibanez sites state its a rosewood fretboard. Was wondering if they are one and the same.

·
Registered
623 Posts
What Jackhammer said. In 2004, the fretboard was changed to rosewood. At some point in there (2003?) they switched the bridge from the Lo-Pro Edge to the Edge Pro.

The neck construction on the 2005 models is different too, but I don't know if they changed the profile.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Abboddon said:
I am not sure, Jemsite here mentions the JEM7VWH has a ebony fretboard, but all Ibanez sites state its a rosewood fretboard. Was wondering if they are one and the same.
They switched to rosewood and didnt update it.

The 7vbsl had rosewood, which I thought was cool because it offered us a choice of rosewood on the 7vbsl and ebony on the 7vwh. Plus the ebony looks so cool!....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh I was really looking at the ebony fretboard one. Was going to try and get myself one, however, unless one is ****ed I doubt I will find one now.

·
Registered
623 Posts
They pop up in the classifieds section and on the auction site, as you said. If you're patient, it shouldn't be hard to find one.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
They pop up all the time, they sold so many of them, its a very popular guitar. The new on is a little more like vais though since he now uses rosewood boards on pretty much everything inlcluding evo

·
Registered
494 Posts
if i get one
i defintely get a 05 version at this stage

i like the 5piece neck going straight from the neck tip to bottom...and that new heel on the back...it feels its got more support ...esp been using that for long time...hving 2 holes punched on a scarf neck joint feels very weak compare to the 05...its got more sustain aswell...easy pinch hamonics

i m happy with edge pro but i do think ebony looks better.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts