Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There!

I just got a brand new JEM7V-WH and I'm really curious about one fact:

The two sides of the trem (left and right, near the high e and near the low e string) are not even (relative to the body) - they are leveled differently!

-> Near the high E string, the trem is routed deeper into the body, on the low E string, the trem isn't routed as deep.

Is this normal?

Regards,

Julian

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
perfectly normal, don't worry. that's because usually the high-E sits lower than the low-E, so, the trem is set lower on that side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
perfectly normal, don't worry. that's because usually the high-E sits lower than the low-E, so, the trem is set lower on that side.
Hi! Thanks!

However, a few more "discussion points":

1. I have two Prestige-RGs with EdgeZero Trem - the EdgeZero doen't "feature" the height / level difference. Why?

2. How much height/level difference between the low and high e string would you consider "normal"?

3. Do you have some pics of your own trem "setup" or a page where this "height difference" is explained (with pics and so on..)?

Thanks!

Regards,

Julian

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
1. I have two Prestige-RGs with EdgeZero Trem - the EdgeZero doen't "feature" the height / level difference. Why?
differences in posts height are normal, not mandatory. it depends on many factors, like the relationship between the neck and the body, neck pocket, action, trem angle and whatever.

2. How much height/level difference between the low and high e string would you consider "normal"?
circa 1.5/2.0mm? never measured.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi! Thanks!

However, a few more "discussion points":

Julian
Because the Z series of trems use a ball-bearing in a ring, as apposed to a knife edge. A ball-bearing would bind and stick/scratch if you had it at an angle in the post. where as a knife edge design gives you some play to put it in higher on one side than the other

1 - 6 of 6 Posts