·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does that have scalloped frets like a JEM 6 string. Have they ever done a 7 with scallops or is this the 1st?
Yes, the last four frets are scalloped.

The JEM7V7 is almost identical to the JEM7VWH.
The inlays are the same size, shape and material.
Ibanez leaves extra space on both sides of the inlay because of the wider neck.
The neck shape even feels similar to my VWH, just a little wider.

The only differences I can see are-

Seven strings
Seven string Lions Claw
The seven string single coil has gold poles, the JEM7VWH has silver poles on the single coil

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is so awesome! I have the 7V and am about to get the UV70P but would LOVE to get the 7V7 instead.

Man... I may have to splurge and go for the 7V7 to match my 7V.

However, if I DO that and get the 7V7 what I KNOW will happen is I will wind up getting the dang UV70P as well anyways and REALLY be in trouble with the wife! haha!

Congrats man!

·
Banned
102 Posts
This is so awesome! I have the 7V and am about to get the UV70P but would LOVE to get the 7V7 instead.

Man... I may have to splurge and go for the 7V7 to match my 7V.

However, if I DO that and get the 7V7 what I KNOW will happen is I will wind up getting the dang UV70P as well anyways and REALLY be in trouble with the wife! haha!

Congrats man!
I must agree. I really like this 7 string Jem. But I might have to settle on UV70P due to price.
Now I have RG and love it but want a Jem someday or Universe.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The JEM7V7 is miles better than the UV70P.
I guess the price reflects that difference.

I would never have paid for a NEW JEM7V, $3300 is too much money for my brain to think about spending on one guitar.

·
Banned
102 Posts
The JEM7V7 is miles better than the UV70P.
I guess the price reflects that difference.

I would never have paid for a NEW JEM7V, $3300 is too much money for my brain to think about spending on one guitar.
Me too, man! This is why I might have to go with Premium UV one day.
they still look good and I read good things of them.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Ok, cool :) I haven't played guitar full time in about 5 years, but I am coming back to it now after wrist surgery. I was wondering if it sounded more like the Jem's alder body or the UV's Blaze pickups. Because if you don't find one of these used, you can go used on the Jem and a UVBK for about the same price.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, cool :) I haven't played guitar full time in about 5 years, but I am coming back to it now after wrist surgery. I was wondering if it sounded more like the Jem's alder body or the UV's Blaze pickups. Because if you don't find one of these used, you can go used on the Jem and a UVBK for about the same price.
I know what you mean on the UVs, a UV7BK plays and sounds the same a UVMC.
It all boils down to aesthetics after a certain level of quality on Ibanez guitars.

The only difference is the AANJ on the JEM7V7 and the UV777PBK.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts