Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after all the talk on scamming on **** I am much more careful now and getting suspicouis of many things.

When I first say this deal I thought it was to good to be true. He's only played it 2-3 times and the plastic is still on , well that's what he says. Also its only on for $900 and he got it a year ago, is he just really amazingly stupid or a scam?

Heres the link: http://cgi.****.com/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7337522776&category=33043&rd=1

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Maybe he's in a tight cruch for money, but yeah...if it is in that good of shape he's a dummy or a real bad scammer :)

By the way....it's vSbl;)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
This made me laugh hard. Its a reveiw of it from Musicians Friend

Rg Man
Features: 1
Quality: 10
Value: 2
Overall: 3
Rusty's Review
Experience: I own it
Background: Active Musician
Style of Music: Shred/ Rock/ Neo Classical
Dec 7, 2004 - awsome guitar, if it wasnt for the $ .... if you want some advice from a pro: Get a Ibanez Rg, realy, i used in my selftitled album.... So before you buy, seriously consider the Rg ( and we all know wich one of the is the best) ... Your Fellow Musician, Rusty Cooley

I honestly nearly crapped myself. Rusty Cooley wrote that the same day all the bananas in the world turned blue, causing all mice in switzerland to explode.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would definenetely go for it if I had the money. Hes got plenty of posotive feedback and seems ligit, but I'm not really going to buy it so i might still be more carefull. I don't know, heck of deal though if its for real. I would call the guy on the phone and ask him why he's selling it etc. Try and get him to trip up by asking him lots of questions. Ask him every question the forum comes up with.

Ryan

·
Registered
397 Posts
If he's legit, that's a hell of a price. I just recentally paid $1450 for a 2k2 vsbl. It's a nice guitar. Figure out if he's for real and then go for it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The seller does seem to have pretty good FB. But, it looks like he's sold a lot of smaller items like CDs instead of guitars and the like. So that built up his feedback.

What I find a little strange is, why would you spend $1900 on a guitar just to leave the plastic on it for a year? The first thing I did after I inspected mine from shipping is take that plastic off. And, even if he decided after he played it 2 or 3 times that he didn't like it, why did he sit on it a while and sell it.
I'd be wary and that's my $.02

In case this guy is a scammer and I don't know how much you're willing to fork out but there's also another VSBL on that same auction site that the guy wants $1400 for BIN. But, there's a nice crack in the lower horn. OUCH! Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Minsc said:
What I find a little strange is, why would you spend $1900 on a guitar just to leave the plastic on it for a year?
And then sell it for $ 1,000 less when it is in the same shape as when he bought it. Lose all that money....this just isn't right. The guy is either the biggest idiot on the planet - or there is something hidden terribly wrong with the vsbl!

·
Registered
59 Posts
JJEMMER777 said:
And then sell it for $ 1,000 less when it is in the same shape as when he bought it. Lose all that money....this just isn't right. The guy is either the biggest idiot on the planet - or there is something hidden terribly wrong with the vsbl!
Exactly.

Seems weird that it didn't come with a case either. But, I'm probably looking into it a little too much.

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
Amazing, the neurotic speculation.

It's an 02', no doubt bought as a $900 blowout, like most were.

If you think it's actually going to sell for that $900 you're all more mental than I thought......

·
Registered
200 Posts
its only 900 dollars because the bid isnt over... it has 3 days left... by the time it is 1 day or less it will be higher

1 - 14 of 14 Posts