Ibanez JEM Forum banner

How do you think it looks?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard some people on here (I can't remember who) say a while ago that they thought the 7VWH looked tacky. I've always thought it was beautiful but nevertheless I can see where they're coming from. It's the gold, I guess. But I still think it's really cool. How about you? :)

http://****************.com/resourceservicehost/images/Ibanez/web/eg/products/JEM7VWH.gif

http://****************.com/resourceservicehost/images/Ibanez/web/insets/zoom/jem7vwh_pu.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
I honestly don't know if its classy or tacky. Showy, definitely. :lol: But I'm keeping mine, it's an outstanding player. It's really so good its silly.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I think it's classy, but honestly I'm no Vai fan. I can't get into him or his image. I like very few swirls and florals. But I have to say that the 7VWH is by now a classic guitar, it will go down in history like the '59 Les Paul or Hendrix's Strat from woodstock or SRV's strat etc. The look is beautiful and a bit over the top, like Steve is (over the top that is). But it's isn't blindingly bright or cartoonish like the other JEMs have been in my opinion (just my opinion). I 'm not inot the monkey grip, but yeah it's definately classy and origianl without being garish or obnoxious like so many other, "original" guitars are (cough cough razor back).

I think Ibanez can do this like no onther brand. Only they can make such an innovative and agressive guitar that isn't just ridiculous to a common person. A lot of other companies can't do this at all.

However, I have to say I still prefer the JS series as far as signatures go.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
if the jem7vwh was a crap guitar, i'd say "tacky", but the fact it's one of the best playing and sounding guitars you can get at that level and price range i'm gonna go with "classy".

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
i sold my 7vwh cos the neck was causing cramp in my wrist.but it was a awsome guitar sounded fxxxing nice,as far as looks go it is classy looking but a bit elvis style,you can imagine elvis with a 7vwh more than steve vai.great guitars though

·
Registered
973 Posts
i love mine but i see it as classy and tacky :) i can see why people see the tacky elvis style to it, but to me its one of its charms. and yeah nicest playing guitar ever! and yeah it does look great too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think if it had chrome hardware instead of gold, people might find it less "over the top." But then, anything less than "over the top" would not be a Steve Vai guitar!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Defenitely tacky. It's OK if you play it in a band at a wedding, but I would't use it at a funeral :D

I like tacky guitars, but I don't like gold hardware. The JEM7V SBL is ok, Florals are ok, obnoxious purple Saber is ok.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts