Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people are not crazy about the gold hardware on this guitar. But, putting that aside, doesn't it look odd with a black tremolo arm? I think it would look better with a gold arm to match. I know the gold tends to wear off although I haven't had this problem and the one I have gets played a lot (I do wipe it down after rehearsals or gigs). It took me a while to get used to the gold hardware, and although somewhat tacky to some it does look classy too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It is indeed strange as there is not much black on the guitar.
I don't think it looks wrong in black, but it might be too much if it was made gold.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wouldn't complain too much. If ibanez were to make the arm gold. That would cost them probably $2 to change to a glod arm and charge the consumer about $200 more for the upgrade.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
i prefer it in black as it makes a nice contrast with gold. pretty much like other pieces here and there, like the string blocks, the fine-tuners, the pivots or the pickups plates (which are pretty visible), the nut pad locking screws and the swoosh. also, the gold arm would wear in an eye-blink, and a worn arm would look horrible.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
great guitars,but i cant help thinking that elvis would have played a 7vwh if he was still alive
not that far: one of his long time guitarists used to own some hot custom Ibanez himself. i remember a DY RG with colored pickups and whatever no one would ever expect from a guy who played the guitar for Elvis.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Eh, I thought it was marginally tacky when I first saw it. But if you wanna tell the world you're bad ass, write FLO with a permanent market below the bridge. :p

Sweet pic, btw!

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
i prefer it in black as it makes a nice contrast with gold. pretty much like other pieces here and there, like the string blocks, the fine-tuners, the pivots or the pickups plates (which are pretty visible), the nut pad locking screws and the swoosh. also, the gold arm would wear in an eye-blink, and a worn arm would look horrible.
Ditto!

·
Super Moderator
7,284 Posts
This :)

I think the accents on the JEM7vW, like the black swoosh matching the fretboard and whammy bar just add the the perfection of this colour scheme :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The black tremolo arm works out well nice with the black fine tuners :mrgreen:

You can always gold-plate the arm. Shouldn't be too expensive...

Regards,

JP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts