Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
Just some random thoughts.
Why does the DNA guitar don't come on the market too often? Is it because owners hold on to their precious Jem because of its rarity or maybe the value of it, or Its just too Cool to have? .., Or maybe once you sell it you'll have that immediate regret of letting it go in the first place?..lol..
I'm not looking for a Dna. I just don't see them being on the market too often either in or outside the states.. or maybe I'm wrong.

·
Super Moderator
7,293 Posts
I think the the reason any of the swirls don't come up on the market very often is that nowadays they've found their permanent home, usually with someone for whom the sentimental value of owning the guitar is worth more than the considerably high monetary value.

I also guess if you've been able to afford to buy these types of guitars, you're also able to afford to hold on to them without needing the money day to day.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If I had a DNA that thing would be going to the grave with me, which is exactly how I felt when I finally got hold of a 777 30th. To put into perspective, the 777 30th in green in the UK were already nearly sold out even before they were officially released, there are big time collectors getting their paws on these guitars and the DNA is one of the most sought after limited number instruments, they won't be going up for sale often as the people who buy these guitars can afford to have them sitting around as investments.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the the reason any of the swirls don't come up on the market very often is that nowadays they've found their permanent home, usually with someone for whom the sentimental value of owning the guitar is worth more than the considerably high monetary value.

I also guess if you've been able to afford to buy these types of guitars, you're also able to afford to hold on to them without needing the money day to day.
Well said bud. I believe your right..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts