Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help. I bought recently the jem Jr from a dealer in Greece. Long story short. The first guitar they sent me had some cosmetic issues. After complaining the dealer sent me new one. So the second one they sent me had a minor cosmetic issue which was barely visible. A small part of the guitar was not lackerd
however the main issue was the Miss alignment of the neck which caused the high e string to slip. When the guitar arrived it had a quality controll label as you can see in the pictures which say cosmetic. So practically it was a b Stock? More over the guitar was sent with this truss rod cover as you can see there is a wierd yellow logo. Is this normal? And last the quality controll label has a date which states that the qc was done in 2011. However if you check the serial number it was made in 2021. I returned to day the second guitar they sent me waiting for what will happen. Should I gamble again and request a new one ? Can some one post his quality controll label ..thx guys in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your inspection card shows it passed inspection, no issues. In other words it's issues are common and expected. If you're looking for a perfect guitar that is cosmetically and technically perfect you're buying the wrong guitar.
Actually it's my first new guitar, so I don't know what to expect.Okni can live with the cometic inperfections..but do you think that you should keep a new instrument with a misaligned neck. I saw some videos how to fix this issue, it's not a big deal. Is it reasonable to keep such an instrument?

·
Vendor
26,692 Posts
If your neck alignment is a simple as loosening the screws and pushing the neck over then you're just wasting alot of time and money even thinking about returning it. If it's because the neck pocket is not aligned then of course you should return it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your neck alignment is a simple as loosening the screws and pushing the neck over then you're just wasting alot of time and money even thinking about returning it. If it's because the neck pocket is not aligned then of course you should return it.
Thank you Rick, I appreciate your quick response. Greetings from Greece!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts