Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Which age bracket do you fall into???

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I guess I am the only one here between the ages of 50 and 55 because I am the only one who noticed that you left off that category! For the record, I'm 53.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am 61, almost 62, married forever with four kids and six grandchildren. I rock a '10 Jem 7vwh tuned to E flat through an old 50w Marshall half stack. I play in a power trio and have my eye on a sparkle blue Jem with vines as a back up. My old Strat and Les Paul are gathering dust in the closet. There are a bunch of old timers out there who love and own Jems.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I'm 33, been playing guitar 2 years. Had my first guitar when I was like 14 but didnt keep up with it then it was taken away from me (even though it was an xmas present) so a couple years ago I decided to get back to it. I practice every day but sometimes I feel like I'm not improving. I know everyone hits a wall but sometimes it can be frustrating :?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Turn 40 this year, been playing since I was 12. Kinda hard to believe I've been playing for more than half my life.

Just realised that the longest relationship I've ever had was with a guitar...

Rock on!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Funny........... I wonder where the last three decades went.
Let's see, early 20's were lost to alcohol, late twenties I spent being a newborn daddy, 30's were lost to work and the first part of my 40's have been spent taking my son to sports practices and playing guitar. All the while trying to keep up a good marriage and be a good father.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Funny........... I wonder where the last three decades went.
I wonder about the last three decades, too. To be honest a lot of that time and money made were wasted on GAS. I don't know if getting guitars were more fun or traveling all over the map to guitar stores to look for treasures (Santa Rosa, Cotati, San Rafael, San Francisco, San Jose, Campbell, Gilroy, Santa Cruz, Salinas, Monterey, Carmel, Seaside, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, LA, Reseda, Sherman Oaks, London, and Surrey).

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'll be 16 in April. I'm so glad I live in a time when You can easily connect with others with sites like this, quality is also so much more common knowledge now! If not for the internet I wouldn't know the difference from an OFR and an edge zero :) it should be interesting to be like 40 and be on this site...... Will it be here in 24 years?

I wonder what knew bridges ibanez will release in the next 24 years ;)

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
I'll be 16 in April. I'm so glad I live in a time when You can easily connect with others with sites like this, quality is also so much more common knowledge now! If not for the internet I wouldn't know the difference from an OFR and an edge zero :) it should be interesting to be like 40 and be on this site...... Will it be here in 24 years?

I wonder what knew bridges ibanez will release in the next 24 years ;)
The internet is a great tool for those that need info NOW (everybody).

There was, however, some real pleasure in anticipating the next months issue of whatever our favorite guitar and hot-rod magazine was going to have in it. I remember fondly the days when my buddies and I would get out of school and trek to the local drug store in hopes that all the new issues would be in......... it was a great place to meet girls too. They were all there reading the latest fashion rags........;)

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
True that, there's a bit of a missing element now that everything can be readily found, leaked etc. It's like music and film now. Stuff's leaked all the time now. The anticipation of a new film, album, tv show, etc made it a lot of fun too. I find we don't talk to people in person so much about this stuff now because of the internet.

Remember your favourite tv series, pre-internet absorption, and talking with mates the next day after an episode was on? Just doesn't happen anymore.

New guitars in the music store too, you never knew what was coming in, etc.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
True that, there's a bit of a missing element now that everything can be readily found, leaked etc. It's like music and film now. Stuff's leaked all the time now. The anticipation of a new film, album, tv show, etc made it a lot of fun too. I find we don't talk to people in person so much about this stuff now because of the internet.

Remember your favourite tv series, pre-internet absorption, and talking with mates the next day after an episode was on? Just doesn't happen anymore.

New guitars in the music store too, you never knew what was coming in, etc.
I like to talk to people about all sorts of things, just no one has the same interests as I do :( My favorite thing to do when I was working in a Middle school here was talk to the social studies teacher. We used to have all kinds of fun discussions about Japanese history and stuff. The average person here cant keep up with me, and that pisses me off to no end.

I agree that, due to leaks, music and movies are totally boring. Why bother getting hyped up for something when you already know what it is? I got lucky with Ring of Fire: Battle of Leningrad though. No leaks, had to wait to get the physical copy in my hands, and once I got to listen to the full album, I was sooo happy I bought it. That sort of enjoyment is not easy to find anymore.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Older than a full grown beaver, but younger than most trees. Old enough to be a huge Rush fan... but young enough listen to A7X.:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
19, been on guitar forums for the last 5~ years or so though and playing for the last 9~ years. Jemsite being the newest advancement forums, starting to exhaust sevenstring.org haha.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts