Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
26,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any old timers here will know who JD is and what he meant to Ibanez from the beginning of the Golden Era, his work with Steve and Joe, as well as helping anybody in the community that needed it. He will always be remembered as one of the co-authors of "Ibanez - The Untold Story", and a personal mentor to me starting 20 years ago when I would pester him relentlessly for information, which he freely shared. But the last few years have not been kind and Larry Larson was gracious enough to step up and do for Jim what Jim would never do for himself. This is our opportunity to help repay some of his generosity. You can read the rest of the story on the page below.

https://www.gofundme.com/FixJimsCNC...ampaign_title&utm_campaign=donation_receiptv5

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I wish I could give more. It might seem silly to say but, even though I've never met any of them, people like Jim and the Ibanez people of the 80's, 90's and beyond make up a bit of who I am via their creations.
It's really not just a guitar.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Thanks for the sharing the info & thanks to Larry & anyone helping set this up.

I'd really like to encourage anyone who owns an Ibanez to post any level of donation - none are too small. It takes longer to brew a k-cup coffee than to donate.

Jim has not only been a fountain of knowledge but such a helpful & selfless person online which nowadays is less and less common.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts