Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep, looks like it's true. read about it on wikipedia or just google it.

apparently he's been alluding to quitting the band since january this year, but now it's done.

this is a pretty big shock to me, rhcp were one of the biggest bands in my life for ages and frusciante was one of my first guitar inspirations and i feel slightly disturbed by him quitting the band.

rhcp have been on the downhill since californication anyway. maybe it's time they break up?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
This is bad news to me as Stadium Arcadium is one of my favorite albums of all times and I wish they would make another just like it.

On another note, I wasn't able to get in to Frusciante's latest solo album. I hope he hasn't quit with ambition to do more solo stuff.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is bad news to me as Stadium Arcadium is one of my favorite albums of all times and I wish they would make another just like it.

On another note, I wasn't able to get in to Frusciante's latest solo album. I hope he hasn't quit with ambition to do more solo stuff.
that's exactly why he quit. his musical goals don't lie in the band situation of rhcp.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Meh, they haven't done anything I liked since Bloodsugarsexmagic
+1

Couldn't agree more on that one, although Californication was worth listening too.

I think it coincided with the band cleaning themselves up from drugs, unfortunately the awesome funk sound went out of there playing after that........

·
Registered
251 Posts
Weird isn't it. I read they fought allot about the By the Way album. That was about ten years ago. I Dont think Keidis and Smith share the same musical determination that Flea and Frusciante do. Who really knows. Flea made a solo album around the time of One Hot Minute which never saw the light of day. Maybe its time they all quit the band. Or get Dave Navarro Back. That was awesome.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I too am a bit disappointed by this news. I loved the melodic direction they took up with By the Way and thought Stadium Arcadium had some great ideas too, even if some weren't as polished as they could have been. Still, I hate to see John leave because I think he brings a creative and melodic voice to a band that's otherwise been all about the groove.

Never liked John's solos stuff either--without a producer and a band there to reign in his eccentricities, his solo stuff tends to get too weird.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I like John's solo stuff I love his voice, but not the direction he took the Chili Peppers in through the last couple of albums. So I guess I'm glad he's left and hope Klinghoffer's playing get some of that riffing funk back in the RHCP!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts