Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys !

Probably during this week I'll buy a JS 1000 BTB (year 2004) ... I know that JS 1000 changed during this years (neck dimension, type of floyd, etc.).

In you opinion is there a "better year production" of JS 1000 ? Why ?

How do you consider a 2004 JS 1000 ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
The changes that the JS1000 has is that the neck has become multi radiused, the js custom inlay has been removed. The neck now has a skunk stripe. The trem has changed from lo pro edge to edge pro. I even think that the body been slightly changed (move of mass). Hope this helps.

Regards

André

·
Super Moderator
7,292 Posts
Personally, I think the old JS1 is a better looking guitar than the more modern ones. I think the cosmetics were a little better thought out, especially on the 92/93 year model with the HSH configuration, and MATCHING HEADSTOCK. (I'm really glad the JS1200 has a matched headstock) I also prefer teh Edge trem on the JS series, imho it's just a more whammy-able bridge than either of those that succeeded it :(

Having said that, most of the time, I think the fit and finish of the JS has rarely been better than it is now.

you pays your money, you takes your choice!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
jono said:
Personally, I think the old JS1 is a better looking guitar than the more modern ones. I think the cosmetics were a little better thought out, especially on the 92/93 year model with the HSH configuration, and MATCHING HEADSTOCK. (I'm really glad the JS1200 has a matched headstock) I also prefer teh Edge trem on the JS series, imho it's just a more whammy-able bridge than either of those that succeeded it :(

Having said that, most of the time, I think the fit and finish of the JS has rarely been better than it is now.

you pays your money, you takes your choice!
Agreed. The JS-1's are nicer IMO. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dont own a JS model however if I were to get one I'd prefer it with a low profile trem-preferably the lo pro edge. The edge trem used to be my favorite but after getting used to a lo pro on my newer RG's thiers no turning back for me.I can pick much faster on them with the back of the bridge out of the way. I like the new edge pro but prefer the lo pro edge....

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
The Edge Pro has a even lower profile than the lo pro edge (replaced the lo pro edge in 2003). With the edge pro you can attach the strings with or without the ball end. But the edge pro has non-locking studs, where as the lo pro edge has locking studs.

Regards

André

·
Registered
32 Posts
All i know is that i LOVE my JS1000 white 2001 model.. :) im so in love with it after all this 3 years having it. IMHO i prefer the Lo-Pro edge better than the Edge Pro (i tried it).. at least for me it Feels better & it's still so stable after alot of abuse on it. Most guitarist i know still prefer the old Lo-Pro over the new Edge Pro. If satriani and vai loved the edge pro they would have used it on the new JS1200 (which is still Lo-Pro) and the jem, respectively. anyhoos, off to playing me gitar! :) cheers mayte!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
adriansern said:
All i know is that i LOVE my JS1000 white 2001 model.. :) im so in love with it after all this 3 years having it. IMHO i prefer the Lo-Pro edge better than the Edge Pro (i tried it).. at least for me it Feels better & it's still so stable after alot of abuse on it. Most guitarist i know still prefer the old Lo-Pro over the new Edge Pro. If satriani and vai loved the edge pro they would have used it on the new JS1200 (which is still Lo-Pro) and the jem, respectively. anyhoos, off to playing me gitar! :) cheers mayte!
The JS1000, JS1200, Jem 7VWH & Jem 77BRMR all currently use the Edge Pro not the Lo-Pro

·
Registered
223 Posts
markg5150 said:
The JS1000, JS1200, Jem 7VWH & Jem 77BRMR all currently use the Edge Pro not the Lo-Pro
I think he was talking about Satch's own JS1200, cause Satch doesn't have any JS with Edge Pro. It's same with Steve's JEMs.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about which trem, lo-pro or edge pro you get. They're both really good and JS1000s are fine guitars. Do not own one but I really did like the ones I have played.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
All production JS1200 have the Edge Pro ... and it is a great bridge (get the stud mod if you want).

Joe prefers the original EDGE (not the Lo Pro) on his guitars. He gets what he wants ... we get what Ibanez wants :)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
^^ Actually Joe uses the Edge Pro on all his guitars today! I've read that he said it is his favorite bridge although I never heard him say that so it may or may not be true.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you sure ???

ALL of his guitars (even the "chrome" and the oldest one) have the Edge Pro ?

Where did you read it ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Lucky Angus said:
Are you sure ???

ALL of his guitars (even the "chrome" and the oldest one) have the Edge Pro ?

Where did you read it ?
I think it was just rumour. On all his personal JS he's got good old Edge!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Definitely a rumour. Joe would never use a Edge pro.. He will always continue to use the good ol' Edge bridge on all his guitars.. :) (even i wouldn't use a edge pro, don't like the feel of it, but it looks nice though.. but im old school) :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts