1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers all
Nice!

On the first pic, what kind of trem is that, havent seen one of those before
Its a ZR the one with ball bearings as pivots, check out S series ibanez, usually comes on them.

Another question Andy :smile: what is the wooden box you have your router set on and how does it work ?

Al.
Al, that my high tech kitchen cabinet thickness box. Basically sit the router in the slot and trim down the thickness of something by using a big old router bit running it up and down the slot in the top & sliding the piece on top left and right. I stuck some bearings either end that run on the outer of the box (so it slides left and right). And I had to use it coz I made a massive **** up, wasn't paying attention (I blame xmas flu!) .
I had a template that had various pickup holes in it and started routing a hole inbetween the two pickups, so had to thickness down the top to about half the depth of the quilted top - qutted! It wasn't even in the right place to make a 3 hum special, so because of this the front of the body might not get as extreme contours as a JS, will see, could still do but would have to do a big sunburst to cover the line of the quilt and the back body wood.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Al found another pic of it

you can also use it to cut the neck pocket. Put the neck between the two straight bits clamp it up, with a third piece of wood at the end of the neck, remove neck and sit the router on the straight bits and cut away. The straight bits can move about for to fit the taper & slide up and down on the bit nearest the camera so you can cut an angled neck pocket into the body for those 'horrible' guitars without a trem

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Cheers Andy , simple but clever stuff .
If its any consolation I just screwed up a Mahogany Jem7 body I made from the remains of an old French bed :cry: came back from the pub and decided to freehand the pup routs , they looked really neat untill I counted 7 pole pieces on the pickup I used as a marker later on :confused:

Anyone got a 7 string neck for sale ?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually got round to doing some sanding today

and glued on some cocobolo

My big face donnie got sanded off, I used Rustins plastic coating(for the first and only time) before I had the spray gun and the clear crazed & yellowed, so going to be repainted and cleared with 2k

1 - 20 of 71 Posts