Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm currently looking for a guitar, it is a js100 , a 2001 model.
I would like to know it the 2001 js 100 features are the same as the 2010. I couldn't find the information anywhere else, and i think some of you could know it! Also, the guitar has few scratches (great condition item) and the price is 420 US (think its a good deal). And there is a roland GK-2A midi pick up ;) on it. Thanks for your answers! I really appreciate :grin:

i asked for some new pictures to make sure the neck is straight, they should arrive soon :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...and, is there really a difference of quality between the guitar made in korean and those made in japan?

because im actually asking myself if a RG1570 would be a better choice.
thanks!

·
Registered
597 Posts
...and, is there really a difference of quality between the guitar made in korean and those made in japan?
Yes, but it's not strictly a question of quality. The JS100 (Korean) does not have the same features as the models made in Japan (JS1000, JS1200, etc). The necks use a different carve, it's got a lower-end bridge (2001 should be a Lo-TRS) and lower-end Ibanez pickups as opposed to Dimarzios. Some of this (pickups, maybe bridge) are easy enough to change out, but the neck might be a deal-breaker. For me, the neck that almost seems to play itself is the best feature of the JS and it can only be had on the Japanese-made models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts