Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My have a Js100 stock pickup and the sustain on the upper fret 22th is very
weak and I the tremolo is trs2, but on fret 1 to 15 was ok.
Any ideas?
Would upgrading the pickup to Dimarzio Fred helps?
Btw, I uses .09-.42 string. Is it too light cause my friend have a Rg320 with
same tremolo but using .10-.52 string the sustain is very nice even the action
of both guitar is similiar.

does it just happen to lower end guitar like js100 ?
how about js 1000 or js 1200, I heard some guys having the same problem
even with a EdgePro2 tremolo.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
kirklec88 said:
My have a Js100 stock pickup and the sustain on the upper fret 22th is very
weak and I the tremolo is trs2, but on fret 1 to 15 was ok.
Any ideas?
Would upgrading the pickup to Dimarzio Fred helps?
Btw, I uses .09-.42 string. Is it too light cause my friend have a Rg320 with
same tremolo but using .10-.52 string the sustain is very nice even the action
of both guitar is similiar.

does it just happen to lower end guitar like js100 ?
how about js 1000 or js 1200, I heard some guys having the same problem
even with a EdgePro2 tremolo.
The JS100 is a lower end guitar... old ones have Lo TRS, new ones should have Edge Pro 2...

JS1000 and 1200 are high end, have Edge Pro (not 2), and shouldnt have sustain problems unless they have something wrong, or not properly set up...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Are the strings buzzing out on the high frets? If so then your action is too low on those frets. You either need to raise your action or tighten your truss rod to decrease your amount of neck relief, which is apparently too much for your low action.

-J

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
marianozz said:
The JS100 is a lower end guitar... old ones have Lo TRS, new ones should have Edge Pro 2...

JS1000 and 1200 are high end, have Edge Pro (not 2), and shouldnt have sustain problems unless they have something wrong, or not properly set up...
Neither should a properly setup js100 with a good setup. Ive seen guitars with the trs that sounded great even in comparison to high end instruments but this is the exception to the rule.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
marianozz said:

That too.. Would a Lo-Pro or Edge fit in the Lo-TRS cavity? But it shouldn't make that much of a sustain difference...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
giannifive said:
Are the strings buzzing out on the high frets? If so then your action is too low on those frets. You either need to raise your action or tighten your truss rod to decrease your amount of neck relief, which is apparently too much for your low action.

-J
Nope, I think the action is medium and not buzz for all the strings.
Usually I like higher action on my PRS SE and for this JS100 is just medium.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sniperfrommars1 said:
Neither should a properly setup js100 with a good setup. Ive seen guitars with the trs that sounded great even in comparison to high end instruments but this is the exception to the rule.
Totally agreed, guitar is like ppl, unique and with different behaviour which my Js100 just a little off.

I tried a RG320QS with trs, the sustain and action is very nice and sounded great!.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
red5 said:
Upgrading pickups to a Fred and PAF Pro should help somewhat. They won't fix the problem entirely though. Perhaps slightly higher action or raising your pickups would help.
Yup I was thinking about the pickup upgrading option as the stock is too weak for my ear.
Maybe a Fred or Pearly is nice.

Anyone have a Pearly on their JS 10/100/1000/1200 ?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
sniperfrommars1 said:
Yeah, sorry.... now that i reread what i posted it sounds like "sustain sucks cause its lower end"... i didnt mean that at all :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.