Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a JS100 for dirt cheap. The guitar is in great shape and I actually really dig playing it. I paid 200$ with a hard-shell case. Of course, the bridge (LO TRS II) sucks ass. I’m considering replacing it but that’s another story. The bridge doesn’t return to the ZERO position which I think is a pretty standard issue with these bridges right? So, I was wondering, has anyone tried a D-tuna on one of these bridges (or something similar)? I would then have to block the bridge right? Do you think doing so would add some stability to the bridge? I realize I would lose the “pull” on the whammy, but it would be worth it to have the D-tuna and have MAYBE the guitar would stay in tune. I mean it’s almost useless now so it seems either replace the bridge or give this a shot. I have several other guitars I can “pull” on.

Yes, I can Google, I'm doing it now. Just like some opinions.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, you would have to block the bridge. But on top of that, you would have to make sure that the D-Tuna would be above the trem cavity rout, which it isn't on a JS-100. And on top of that, the D Tuna won't work with any Lo Pro or Lo TRS style trem. It uses the allen screws from an original Floyd that feed in through the back to adjust.

So, unfortunately, making a JS-100 work with a D Tuna would be a ton of work. I would work on replacing the bridge with something that drops right in, and then making sure with new post and the knife edges that it returns to zero each time.

I have a D Tuna on my Frankenstein and they really only work with original FLoyds that are flush mounted on the body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts