Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an early 2000s JS100. It came with the nut clamping blocks removed and missing. Do I need to replace the whole nut or are the blocks the same for all Floyd Rose style nuts? I have a Gotoh GE1996 trem on order and will be replacing the lo trs 2 crap job that’s currently on it. If I need to replace the whole nut, what size do I need to look for?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have an early 2000s JS100. It came with the nut clamping blocks removed and missing. Do I need to replace the whole nut or are the blocks the same for all Floyd Rose style nuts? I have a Gotoh GE1996 trem on order and will be replacing the lo trs 2 crap job that’s currently on it. If I need to replace the whole nut, what size do I need to look for?
I just checked and the nut locking blocks and screw thread are the same on my Floyd as well as the Edge.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've a JS-1 which has only one original block. I have a few sets of RG nuts but the pads are about 1mm too wide, so there is a difference. Gotta order correct ones.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you buy the gotoh nut, the radius of the nut will be different than the js100 nut. Your neck should have a 400 or 430mm radius... Which is essentially 16-17 inches. The js100 nut has a matching radius to the neck. The gotoh bridge saddles are set to a 16" radius, while the nut has a 14 inch radius. The the Allen screws and clamps of the gotoh nut will work perfectly fine with your original nut. If you are going to use only the screws and clamps it doesn't matter which gotoh nut you order... Or Floyd rose nut for that matter. But if you are going to replace the nut (I would not recommend this unless your nut is damaged... The new nut radius will not match your fretboard radius) then you need to measure the width of the nut, it should be 42mm or 1 and 5/8ths inches. Which if that is the case an R2 nut should work. However... A new nut may be a little taller or shorter depending on the manufacturer. A gotoh nut comes with nut shim made from brass. So regardless... Personally I would buy the gotoh nut. If you don't need the shim, at least you have some around if/when you need some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts