Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a JS1000 last week and it arrived yesterday. One of the locking bolts or the nut itself is threaded and wont tighten. Anybody know if a Floyd or Gotoh nut will fit on this neck. They seem to be a lot easier (and cheaper) to get here than the Ibanez nuts.

Any info will be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I just bought a Gotoh nut for my 1000 and it fits like a glove. For anybody else wanting to do this, this is the one I bought..

Gotoh FGR-1 1-5/8" Locking Nut Assembly (rear mount)

It has the hump in the base too. The original one I took off had it so I made sure the new one had it too.

The Gotoh is great and is a butt load cheaper (& easier to find) than the Ibanez one...

BTW, I use 2 shims when I installed it too. Again, the original had 2 so I used 2 too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a Gotoh FGR-1 for mind but it was to short width wise. Mine Js 1000 is a 2002 model. What was Yours? Having a hard time trying to find a locking nut for this guitar. Ibanez discontinued it and Rich from Ibanezrules doesn't have any.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The gotoh nut is a 41mm with a 360mm radius nut where the ibanez is a 42mm with a 250mm radius. Very minor difference when you can't buy the original. Still I am I surprised that a js24 series nut doesn't fit a 1000. I would imagine they'd be the same. But then again, idk if anyone has asked Rich about that specifically.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Honestly I am a little worried about it because I have a js24p... And if/when that nut wears out... I may have the same problem you guys are having 🤨😕

1 - 9 of 9 Posts