Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I've never had a trem equiped guitar before I play a Les Paul and a Strat at the mo'. I'd really love a js1200, but are the floyds hard to set up and do string changes? Can I just take it to a tech once to set up, or are they hard to maintain?

I really want a JS but I'd love a real fixed bridge with it (not like the js2000) my other choice is a PGM301 which obviously has a fixed bridge. Only prob is the lack of a tone nob, I'd prefer one :( only it's not essential I guess. Would it be possible to add a push pull the the volume nob to make it a tone nob as well?

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check out your previous topic...

Generally, keeping a floyd equiped guitar maintained is not too difficult. If you have no experience then it will just take a little getting used to.

Once you get it, take it to your local guitar shop and have the tech set her up...once it's all set there isn't much to do, just make sure when you change the strings you do them individually so you maintain a parallel angle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.