Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have the money to get the JS1200 CA at the moment, but I don't know whether I should get it or the PGM301, I have tried both guitars and I like both of them. I play a Jem7vwh, so I really wanted a fix bridge guitar, the PGM301, had everything right for me, neck, pickups, fix bridge and playability but the JS1200CA is so tempting, its beautiful. I know it really depends on what personal prefences I have, but I'm so lost right now, don't know which one I should buy.... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I recently sold my PGM301 to buy a JS1200. :D I loved the PGM, but I love the JS even more, so I don't regret it. The JS is more versatile, and the pups and Strat-ish neck are great. You can't go wrong with the PGM either though, it's a great guitar.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hmm..

I've got a Jem7V like yourself, our of the 2 i'd probably prefer the PGM, as it's got the fixed bridge. Although i hate the PGM f-hole transfers.

But then again i'd love a JS.

I think the only way that you could decide would be to try them both to see which you prefer.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I hate to go against the grain here, but I prefer the PGM, solely because of the fixed bridge (and because I like them). And how can you hate the f-holes? :p

The JS has different pickups entirely though, so you would get a different sound, plus it looks different to the PGM/JEM style body. So that's the one to go for if you want something more different, imo.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
tTz said:
I hate to go against the grain here, but I prefer the PGM, solely because of the fixed bridge (and because I like them). And how can you hate the f-holes? :p

The JS has different pickups entirely though, so you would get a different sound, plus it looks different to the PGM/JEM style body. So that's the one to go for if you want something more different, imo.
Aye the only way i think you'd choose the PGM was if you liked fixed bridges (fancied a change) and really needed a 24 fret neck as they're essentially the same as an RG/Jem.

Hehe the f-holes look really tacky and cheapo! I think it'd be much better just plain white, it'd look really nice beside the Jem7vWH too.

If you want a completely different guitar compared to the Jem then get the JS.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oh, forgot to mentioned - not only does the PGM have a fixd bridge, 24 frets, and REALLY COOL :)p) fake f-holes...it has a maple fretboard. Which I personally love. But all previous comments still stand, some people don't place much importance on the fretboard...purely for asthetic reasons though, I like it.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Impossible to decide - Get your Visa card out and buy both

I just love the finish on the JS1200, but the maple board on the PGM is tempting too

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
markg5150 said:
Impossible to decide - Get your Visa card out and buy both

I just love the finish on the JS1200, but the maple board on the PGM is tempting too
exactly, my dilema !

but I hate the F Holes on the PGM, apart from that, its perfect

·
Registered
32 Posts
Go for the JS1200. Besides, the PGM doesn't have a tone knob, so that gives u a lil' less tonal options compared to the very versatile JS1200. But i like the PGM too, nice deep tone.

Since u like the JS1200 but hate the Trem bridge, you could just get it and make a wooden trem blocker.. like the one Vai used on PIA at the grammy's. So it's like a 'fixed' bridge..

What say you? :)

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
PGM, personally i think the JS looks like a midget.
The lack of a tone knob is better in my opinion, plus you get more pickups and a 5 way switch. So I disagree completely with adriansern saying you get less tonal options.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts