Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s going on, I’m new to the forum and I’m a proud original owner of a JPM100. I’ve been able to finally afford a JS1CR and waiting for it to be delivered hopefully in June. Just curious does anyone know the production numbers of the guitar?
Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So my Js1Cr finally arrived earlier than expected. I ordered it from Sweetwater. Customer service was great. Just wanted to give an up date this is how it arrived from FedEx. So I’m gonna listen to the label and wait to inspect it after 24 hours. I’ll keep posting updates. I hope the case is ok. 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
So my Js1Cr finally arrived earlier than expected. I ordered it from Sweetwater. Customer service was great. Just wanted to give an up date this is how it arrived from FedEx. So I’m gonna listen to the label and wait to inspect it after 24 hours. I’ll keep posting updates. I hope the case is ok. 🤦‍♂️
You should see how my JS2410 arrived via FedEx. Outer box was owned, it sat in Denver for 5 days just languishing in their warehouse. I called them up and asked if I could come and just pick it up directly from them. They refused because of the company that shipped required it be delivered by FedEx to my address. I'm not impressed with FedEx as of late. They seem to have incredible problems with their shipping. The same excuse that everyone else has, "we are short staffed".

I did have damage to my guitar, the volume knob/pot was damaged. I wouldn't think it would have come from Ibanez with damage, so more than likely received damage from FedEx. Luckily, I had several push/pull pots and just took the original one out and replaced it. However, I had to prove my case to the company I purchased from and provide them with all kinds of photos and open a case. In the end I got $200 off the price of the guitar for little more than 10 minutes of work and a part I already had.

Good luck with your chrome boy, hope it's in one piece...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Eh, just throw it in the microwave for a bit. 45 seconds should do?

The JSCR1 is the only JS I’ve ever really wanted to own. But I’m holding out for a JEM EVO or ATD swirl, if either of them ever go up for sale again haha

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jeeeez yeah FedEx is garbage. I've never cared for them. None of them are perfect though 😑.
Believe it or not, I used to use FedEx for all kinds of stuff. At one time their Air Shipping was the best. I used to all guitars I sold via their Air Shipping and it was impeccable service. Short ship times(2 or 3 days tops) and the items always arrived like they should. The only time FedEx Air sucks is if your package has to fly through Memphis(which almost all 2nd day air does, seems Memphis suffer catastrophic failures all the time) FedEx Ground on the other hand is a joke. Their ground service is appalling. Like I say, my guitar sat for 5 days, on top of the 3 days it had to travel to get to Denver. Then they moved it from one spot in Denver on the 5th day to another spot in Denver and then it proceeded to take another day and a half trip to make it to me.

It took basically 7 days to travel 70 f'king miles!!

On the other hand, I've been having a lot of success with UPS. They have really changed things around since the pandemic began and have provided very good, quality shipping and customer service.

Don't even get me started on USPS. I've never seen a more inept bunch when it comes to mail or packages. If you want something lost, just send it USPS, they're great at losing stuff.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So when I was shown the guitar I noticed on the quality control card and the box it came in said the guitar was made January 2022. Would anyone know why I had to wait three months for the guitar if it was made in January? I was under the impression that these are made to order.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does anyone know why I had to wait three months for the guitar if it was made January 2022? I emailed Sweetwater to see what they would say. No response yet. At the time of purchase it was out of stock. I heard they were only on a made to order basis. Just curious.
I’ll have pictures and post my first impressions the weekend of June 11. I’m dying to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know why I had to wait three months for the guitar if it was made January 2022? I emailed Sweetwater to see what they would say. No response yet. At the time of purchase it was out of stock. I heard they were only on a made to order basis. Just curious.
I’ll have pictures and post my first impressions the weekend of June 11. I’m dying to get my hands on it.
I think you got yours about right. I had ordered one back in early February and waited a month and it didn't arrive. After speaking with the company they said to just keep waiting. So me in my distrustful nature, I decided to place a call to Ibanez USA and spoke to a salesmen there. Gave him the quick backstory for the call and was just wanting to hear from the horse's mouth of when my Chrome boy might arrive. He said if I had ordered one in February, to not expect it until November of this year. He said if it shows up sooner, great if not then wait for November.

I wasn't going to wait that long, especially at the time the war in Ukraine was kicking off, so I decided to cancel my order out of not knowing if the already disrupted supply chain issues would be compounded by the escalating war.

Which honestly looking back was the best thing ever. I managed to pick up an in stock 2410 in sky blue and got a (returned new)JS240 with sustainiac as well. And just recently snagged a used 2450 MCP, all for the same money, I would have shelled out for the chrome boy. So when it works out, it works out and even if it doesn't I always say... Good. Even out of the worse situations something good will come from it.

So I didn't get my Chrome boy, something I've been lusting after since 98 when I was in highschool. Good, more time to re-direct my efforts and find something else that is just as nice and suits my needs/wants(when in fact I found three).

So with looking at that you got your Chrome boy in three months is not bad, seems like they sped up the process for getting them.

You waited for it and got it.

Good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think you got yours about right. I had ordered one back in early February and waited a month and it didn't arrive. After speaking with the company they said to just keep waiting. So me in my distrustful nature, I decided to place a call to Ibanez USA and spoke to a salesmen there. Gave him the quick backstory for the call and was just wanting to hear from the horse's mouth of when my Chrome boy might arrive. He said if I had ordered one in February, to not expect it until November of this year. He said if it shows up sooner, great if not then wait for November.

I wasn't going to wait that long, especially at the time the war in Ukraine was kicking off, so I decided to cancel my order out of not knowing if the already disrupted supply chain issues would be compounded by the escalating war.

Which honestly looking back was the best thing ever. I managed to pick up an in stock 2410 in sky blue and got a (returned new)JS240 with sustainiac as well. And just recently snagged a used 2450 MCP, all for the same money, I would have shelled out for the chrome boy. So when it works out, it works out and even if it doesn't I always say... Good. Even out of the worse situations something good will come from it.

So I didn't get my Chrome boy, something I've been lusting after since 98 when I was in highschool. Good, more time to re-direct my efforts and find something else that is just as nice and suits my needs/wants(when in fact I found three).

So with looking at that you got your Chrome boy in three months is not bad, seems like they sped up the process for getting them.

You waited for it and got it.

Good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I’m guessing it might have been an order that was placed then cancelled. I also remember at the time the order was placed, Sweetwater said I was on a waiting list. My order was placed in March. Just curious.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 38 Posts