Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that the JS2400 has finally appeared on a European on-line guitar shop website as "in stock"! What was the release date?

·
Vendor
26,450 Posts
They've pushed it back several times. The last I asked it was still in the 30-60 day window. Closer now I'm sure but still not here yet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am very excited about this guitar, and I plan to buy one from Rich (not quite ready yet)
It would be cool to see pics whenever 1 of us get 1.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was initially interested in the JS2400, but decided that having yet another white guitar would be slightly boring. ;-)

I do hope a few other color options will be available eventually...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Man I've always loved white JS's ! The 2400 is a real classy guitar, congrats. Let us know if the finish quality is up to your expectations. I'm also curious about the pro track and how it sounds compared to a paf pro/joe.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The fit, finish and feel are damn near perfect! I was surprised when I open the case how well made this one is, especially considering how unhappy I've been lately with their attention to detail.

I can tell you that the single coil really gives this guitar that strat sound that it was made for. I'm really surprised how throaty the pickup is in this body! I can give a better description after I've had some more playing time, and run it through a couple different amps.

Josh

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for the look acoustic1991. Can't wait until I can swing one of those. When I do, I'll be selling a JS1 white to help fund it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
How's it feel compared to the 22 fretters? How is the balance of the guitar? Does the upper fret access throw things off a little or is it pretty close to the standard JS line for those sorts of "feel" things?

·
Registered
76 Posts
How do you explain the difference in finish quality between 1000's and 2400's ? They are made in the same factory, by the same people. I also don't get what justifies the higher price of the 2400 compared to the 1000. They are basically the same guitar, and their production costs should be the same.

·
Vendor
26,450 Posts
I seriously doubt the same hand is finishing the 2400 contours, and it's not near as difficult a contour as the 1000.

Nothing ever has to justify a higher price, Ibanez will price at what they believe the market will pay. I'd just be happy the 1000/1200 didn't go up to the same price, no doubt they will next year.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The 2400 feels almost identical to my 1000's. The extra two frets just flow with the rest of the guitar, and don't upset the balance at all. I almost forgot earlier which guitar I was playing until I got to the 23/24!!

The biggest difference, as expected, is the trem. The Edge is just so much smoother and better overall, IMHO. But then again, I'm an old hand that grew up on these in the 80's, so I might be a bit bias...

Josh

·
Registered
287 Posts
I seriously doubt the same hand is finishing the 2400 contours, and it's not near as difficult a contour as the 1000.
Or maybe being overly optimistic they have finally solved the contour blem found on the 1200 you have been talking about :) or maybe just wishful thinking ... how have the latest 1200 contours been ?

Besides the contour, are the fret end finishing and neck profiles also better than on the 1000/1200 series ?

·
Vendor
26,450 Posts
Necks would be different than bodies. All the necks are pretty much the same, except for woods.

The last 010 1000's I got, 1 very nice, 1, ok, 1, sucked, bad, rejected for contours alone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts