Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been on a quest to figure out which model Ibanez I've got. From the research that I've done, it looks identical to the JS6 but with the cosmo barrel knobs of the JS6000 instead of the standard plastic knobs shown on the ibanezrules.com website. It also doesn't have the "JS Series" logo on the head stock, although the finish is scraped where it would be if it were a JS Series, making it look like someone may have scraped it off. That's pure speculation, though. The neck plate says Made in Japan and from what I know about its history, it was purchased in the early to mid 90's. I'll try to post some pictures on here asap.

My dad gave it to me about 10 years ago and since I've been playing bass it hasn't gotten much use. I hate to get rid of it, but I could use some cash and I'd be happy to know that someone else is having fun ripping on it. I just had it cleaned and set up in the shop, so it's ready to go but I'm not sure what to price it at, or even what to list it as. Any ideas?

Abe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can. I just created my jemsite account yesterday and apparently you have to post 10 times before you can add pictures.

Also, I've been e-mailing back and forth with Rich at Ibanezrules.com and he said that it must be a JS6 since there is no signature on the 21st fret. Between that and all the digging I've done through past Ibanez catalogs I've come to the conclusion that this is indeed a JS6 and that the "JS Custom" logo was either purposely scraped off of the head stock, or it wore off over time. It has all of the chrome hardware of the JS6, but a previous owner must've added the cosmo barrels in place of the plastic knobs that come standard with the JS6.

I'll get some pictures on here this weekend.

Abe

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I'd like to see pics of the axe ASAP.

And, to all the mods, please think about a creative way to get rid of this ridiculous rule about having to post 10 times before you can upload a photo.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I'd like to see pics of the axe ASAP.

And, to all the mods, please think about a creative way to get rid of this ridiculous rule about having to post 10 times before you can upload a photo.

Jimmy:smile:
no dice. spam bots would run rampant dude. Its annoying, but most mods here are pretty lenient about "Spamming to ten", as long as its serious.

·
Super Moderator
7,430 Posts
no dice. spam bots would run rampant dude. Its annoying, but most mods here are pretty lenient about "Spamming to ten", as long as its serious.
Thanks LP, that's appreciated. We do try to be "moderate" in out behaviour towards "spamming to 10" (I like that term) from serious members. But we've had problems in the past not just with spambots, but also with guys who confuse the site with ebay (or, I guess craiglist these days).

Having 10 posts not only ensurs we don't get spammed, but goes some way to ensuring a new member isn't just joining to sell guitars here. (You can take out Vendor ads for that ;)) and also lets the existing members get a "feel" for a member before trading with them.

I'll have a chat with the tech folks here and see if there coudl be a "manual over-ride" somewhere that we might be able to use. Alternatively find a helpful member who's interested and PM them to ask them to post links for you.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Id just let it ride honestly. Its a pain, but it also shows how willing people are to do business and become a member here. If it was 50 it would be too much, but ten posts will take them 3 minutes if they really wanna get going here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, hopefully this works. I've uploaded the JS6 photos to photobucket (photobucket.com/ajkline_JS6). There is some wear on the left side of the body towards the neck as well as some nicks here and there. She's not as pretty as a mint JS6, but still smells and plays wonderfully. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Abe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea, if I would have known when I got this thing back in high school that I had my hands on something special I would certainly have babied it a lot more. Chalk it up to youth, oh and I should probably give the Seattle grunge movement props, too. If I don't get any nibbles at a decent amount, I'll probably just hold onto it and keep it for a staple in my dream studio.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Yea, if I would have known when I got this thing back in high school that I had my hands on something special I would certainly have babied it a lot more. Chalk it up to youth, oh and I should probably give the Seattle grunge movement props, too. If I don't get any nibbles at a decent amount, I'll probably just hold onto it and keep it for a staple in my dream studio.
well im nibblin :p sent you a PM...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.