Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been looking to try and sell my old guitar since i haven't played for quite some time now. I have what i'm pretty sure is a JS700 since having looked at pictures of the JS700 it looks exactly like my guitar. I'm also fairly sure it's made in japan since the plate on the back of the body says "Made in Japan" and the serial number is F0114341. So it's made in 2001 in Japan? From what i've read this is quite a rare model of JS700?

Was just wondering if anyone knew what this guitar is worth? It's got some minor cosmetic damage which has to be taken into account obviously but if it was sparkling new how much would it go for?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Js700s were stopped being made in 1999......

Edit- oops! sorry, they were stopped being available in america in 99.... too much stigma on that guitar for it ever to be worth too much :( id say 4-600 based on condition and case and stuff

·
Administrator
7,495 Posts
They tend to be advertised at around £400 to £700 in the UK. I can't say what they have actually SOLD for though.

Ebay UK's site would probably be your best bet for getting a value on the guitar.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
They tend to be advertised at around £400 to £700 in the UK. I can't say what they have actually SOLD for though.

Ebay UK's site would probably be your best bet for getting a value on the guitar.
If they sell that much over there, then yes, do sell on uk ebay. On this side of the pond, average is 400-650usd depending on case and quality, and mij vs mik. They SHOULD be worth more, just like the radii guitars, but they don't sell for much :(

·
Registered
46 Posts

I had a mint one which I bought for £270 last September and sold for £360 ( I think ) in December. The new owner recently sold it for something like £425 and having watched quite a few on Ebay (UK) over the past year or so, that seems to be pretty much top dollar for one over here.

Beautiful guitar to look at and quirky from a JS collecting point of view because of the P90's, stop tail bridge & mohog neck, but for me never even came close to my JS1000 or 6000. Different neck profile and lacked the quality feel of a "true" JS. I played it about 5 times & sold it on to fund a JS2000....which could also be on it's way soon if anyone in the EU is interested? (sorry am I allowed to say that in a thread here?!)

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.