Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after some months looking for a JSBDG Black Dog, finally got one in the States (Springfield).

It´s (supposed to be) ultra mint condition, new with all tags and case candy.....

Not cheap, but I just HAD TO HAVE this guitar, it´s one of the most iconic guitars I have in my memory, and being a great Satch Fan I just couldn´t stop till getting one of these beauties.I think it´s a good investment too, 88 worlwide...and the finish is way more durable than the Js10th and the JS2prm

Hope to have it here by tomorrow, I´ll post some pics ASAP....nice score to my Js collection (Js1BK, Js10th, JS2PRM and now...JSBDG!).

Still looking for a white Js1 and a Js90th maybe...(if you guys have anyone of this and want to sell, contact me!).I don´t like the Crystal Planet or the Js1000...maybe a JS1000Wh, but I prefer the Edge trem, Satch never used a lo-pro.The Js20th looks good...but not enough to pay the BIG price, the JSBDG is more iconic to me.

Who of you guys have a JSBDG (Rich...I KNOW you do!!!!)??? What can you tell me about this axe in particular and compared to other Js´s??

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
hi Steel... :)

wanting to see pics ;). so you konw... when the guitar arrives to you, post a lot of pics and.... a VIDEO!!! :mrgreen:

saludos.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Steel... :)

wanting to see pics ;). so you konw... when the guitar arrives to you, post a lot of pics and.... a VIDEO!!! :mrgreen:

saludos.
Well, here are the first quick pics:

In her case with all case candy:

Isn´t she beauty???:

And with the cover that made her famous:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice score! You gonna play it or keep it locked up?
I´ll play her, but gently and with care.

The finish won´t fade as it´s under clear, just have to be careful, and I´ll change the knobs , tip switch and tremolo bar, wich are not under clear coat.

Anyway I´m gonna play her at home, at my free smoke studio, and as long as I have like 40 guitars and not a lot of time for playing, wll probably play her less than 2 hours a month, hehehe.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I thought my 19 qualified me for a free pass to the insane assylum of my choice. lol. Seriously awesome collection. So many wonderful instruments in your collection. I know you probably have a fav. Which is it? Mine is a JS 1000 wh set up by Gary Brawer. (Not sure if I got the spelling correct on the last name, but he normally sets up Joe's guitars originally). Mine has the "low Joe" set up.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I thought my 19 qualified me for a free pass to the insane assylum of my choice. lol. Seriously awesome collection. So many wonderful instruments in your collection. I know you probably have a fav. Which is it? Mine is a JS 1000 wh set up by Gary Brauwer. (Not sure if I got the spelling correct on the last name, but he normally sets up Joe's guitars originally). Mine has the "low Joe" set up.
Brother Jeff! Few questions for you mate.

How does that brauwer set-up guitar play? Is it still possible to bend easily on it? Have you had to adjust your playing much to deal with the super-low action? Is anything made harder having it set up this way? Is the action REALLY that low?!! And, if you don't mind me asking, what did he charge for the joe setup? (you can pm me!).

Now I'm stateside, I was seriously considering sending my prm to him to do the job, but am nervous it's going to make the guitar unplayable for me (note: FOR ME!).

Cheers,
Sukh

·
Registered
177 Posts
Brother Jeff! Few questions for you mate.

How does that brauwer set-up guitar play? Is it still possible to bend easily on it? Have you had to adjust your playing much to deal with the super-low action? Is anything made harder having it set up this way? Is the action REALLY that low?!! And, if you don't mind me asking, what did he charge for the joe setup? (you can pm me!).

Now I'm stateside, I was seriously considering sending my prm to him to do the job, but am nervous it's going to make the guitar unplayable for me (note: FOR ME!).

Cheers,
Sukh
Hi Sukh, PM's sent. Cheers, Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts