Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is in the right place, anyways I have a huge problem. I live in Mexico and there are no stores that sell any peavey amps (or any other good ones). I had to look for a seller and i found one (here at jemiste) the problem is the shipping. The amp weighs 90 punds and my dad won't carry that in the airport. So the only option left is that they should ship it directly to Mexico. But i don't want it to get stuck in customs, is there anything i can do? Should i just risk it and tell him to ship it? please help!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
customs may be different for the Mexican boarder but i have sent stuff to Canada and it has always gotten there in around 2 or 3 weeks at latest. Just make sure that on the customs forum have them write the amp as a gift .

I'd go ahead and have it sent , it will be the lonest few weeks of your life but it will get there.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MY mom keeps saying that i should send it to my cousins house adn that she will carry it, yeah right... My dad could barley carry a 50 pound amp for my friend. Besides they'll charge overweigh and i think it would be much easier to send it directly to Mexico. My mom still thinks its a bad idea, but i hope i can convince her.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news. I finally convinced my gather, and we decided that its our last option to get it shipped directly to Mexico. I hope it doesnt stay there for long! So i should tell him to ship it as a gift, to take out the tubes and to to put bubble wrap inside right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Carlos: use atravesde.com, they'll take care of everything, be patient, to see your item in their system, it takes up to 10 days after it was received in Laredo TX, then all the burocracy takes like 1 week, then they'll ship to your home, they do it only once a week, specifically saturday mornings, you have your stuff next monday or tuesday, just be careful that they only work with orders below US$1000.00 -shipping included-, this has to do with mexican laws, I bought a couple of pedals from the ashy sam dot com and had no problems, it was a bit costly cause this method works great for items over US$300.00, under that qty. the importation costs and fees are important.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.