Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey i just bought a mint 2003 7vwh which i am extremely happy with a)the ebony fretboard AND edge pro and b) after shredding on a les paul for the last 4 years the playability of this guitar is light years ahead.

that being said i noticed that already some of the gold on the bridge is starting to rub off. i wipe the guitar down each time after i play and i clean it regularly so im babying it like crazy. anyone know how to fix this problem or at least keep it from getting worse?

another thing i noticed is that when i fix the intonation, the low e saddle is barely peeking over the base plate or whatever. my instinct tells me this isnt normal?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I bought a 03 too for the same reasons. Ebony + Edge pro. The best of both worlds IMHO :)

Regarding the gold I assume this is because of the sweat in your fingers. Just try to keep them dry. I had same problem when I was fatter (I am NOT saying you're fat) and disappeared when I lost all that extra-weight.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Hey sounds like me. I had a Les Paul (and a strat too that i hardly use) and in '03 I bought a brand new Jem7vwh.

I think the bridge is fine although I may need to look at mine to know if you have a problem with yours.

·
Registered
243 Posts
rufes said:
I bought a 03 too for the same reasons. Ebony + Edge pro. The best of both worlds IMHO :)

I agree 100%. I have an early 2003. I love the ebony neck and the edge pro is great, I don't know why people knock it. + I had the guitar signed by the master himself, then clear coated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
rufes said:
Has someone discovered a good thing about the Edge Pro (better than Lo Pro, i mean) ?

:?:?:?

best of both worlds for me would be rosewood with a Lo Pro... :lol:

Congrats on the new axe man :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I noticed on my 04 jem7vwh that on the upper left corner (if your looking from the bottom of the guitar up twords the headstock) of the low e saddle, the gold is wearing off, even though i rub it down and clean it every time I play. Its like its unavoidable and it looks terrible when it wears off IMO.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Mine is a 1999 model. I play it LIKE MAD - it's even been to England and back twice for the Internatioanl Guitar Festival......there is NO FADING what so ever...looks the same as it did when I bought it.....what gives...just luck?????

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
rufes said:
When is gonna happen that Tom?

Are you waiting for "the luck of the Irish" or it's just "blarney" to keep our attention?
Nope. I'm working full time through summer so I can get the money together before I'm back at school. It's in my grasp.

Most likely I'll order it at the end of summer, maybe last week in August. I'm going to buy from Rich too. Anyone know how long it takes for the shipping to get to Ireland?

·
Registered
124 Posts
JJEMMER777 said:
Mine is a 1999 model. I play it LIKE MAD - it's even been to England and back twice for the Internatioanl Guitar Festival......there is NO FADING what so ever...looks the same as it did when I bought it.....what gives...just luck?????
Your hands probably don't sweat, either that, or your pretty darn lucky.

·
Registered
589 Posts
marianozz said:
Has someone discovered a good thing about the Edge Pro (better than Lo Pro, i mean) ?
1) Spare parts: As soon as Lo pro is not anymore in productions spare parts will not be in production neither. ;) Therefore I prefere the one I can replace or repair buying new parts.

2) I have tried Lo Pro, Edge Pro and Edge quite a lot and I do not mind to use anyone of them. They are all fantastic.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Tom Gilroy said:
Nope. I'm working full time through summer so I can get the money together before I'm back at school. It's in my grasp.

Most likely I'll order it at the end of summer, maybe last week in August. I'm going to buy from Rich too. Anyone know how long it takes for the shipping to get to Ireland?
Sounds great Tom.

Schedule 2-3 days for the delivery. Rich uses Fedex. if I'm not wrong....

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i like the fact the the edge pro accepts the ballend of the strings as well as its snap in trem arm. im under the impression the lo pro lacks these things.

but yeah im kind of annoyed with the goldwear issue. this seems to be a trend with gold hardware and im curious as to whether there is a way to fix it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts