Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How should I go about doing this? I bought this guitar to modd and tweak, so I don't mind having it routed. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
124 Posts
if your gonna get a sustainer installed get it professionally installed. DIY installs on something that requires some significant routing is a b*tch...besides it looks neater. I had a set of EMG's installed professionally it made the biggest differance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey I am planning to do that with my new RG 320 FM so there were two good sustainers to go with. One option is to buy a good old fashion Fernandes sustainer is really nice besides getting it installed. the other option is to buy an EMG active pickup and in this way routing is not needed because the sustainer is under the pickup. Plus if you ask me, EMG's are some of the best pickups around and there are a number of them to choose from. Any how i plan to get an EMG active 81 cause they are the best for the lead guitar's sharp and cut-through sound. Well best of luck tryin to decide what to get as a sustainer.

laters.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Huh? EMG pickups and Sustainers are two completely different things. EMGs do not have a "sustainer" under the pickup. They do, however, have built-in pre-amps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts