Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this month I got the Ampeg SVX bass plug in from ik mutimedia and it's as good as everyone says it is. I never could get good bass sounds and thought I would give it shot...and was glad I did. So, I got to thinking about their Amplitube 3 plugin. I messed around with the custom shop & amplitube 3-free version for a few days and was surprisingly impressed...REALLY impressed!!! If you ever messed with the 1st version of amplitube and hated it like I did, and you can trust me, this is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the 1st version.
Now like many of you, I'm a tone junky and for the most part have avoided these amp/cab sim plug ins because the feel is so different than playing through a real cab. The thing is and even ik multimedia will tell you, is that it's the recorded tone, in a mix, that they are going after. They know there is no replacement for you being in a room with a real cab. When I forced myself (lol) to hear amplitube 3 that way when I was playing and concentrated on the tone only, I thought to myself that there was no way I could get these tones with the little amount of equipment I had.
Now....for the best part. Until Jan 6th 2014. It's $100 which is 1/2 off. It's a direct download.
For that matter dang near everything they have is 1/2 off. I only paid $50 for the Ampeg SVX.
You will not spend a better $100 trying to get good guitar tones when recording.

AmpliTube 3 (full version) includes more gear than any other software package with 160 available models: 51 Pedalboard effects, 31 Amplifiers, 46 cabinets, 15 mics, 17 rack effects.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Yeah, amplitube is pretty good. It really shines when you use cab IRs instead of the stock cabs (imo)... Recabinet 3 would be something to look into as well. But plenty of wonderful free cab IRs to complement AT3.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, amplitube is pretty good. It really shines when you use cab IRs instead of the stock cabs (imo)... Recabinet 3 would be something to look into as well. But plenty of wonderful free cab IRs to complement AT3.
I have heard that as well about using another program for the cab IRs. As it turns out, I got the Redwierz IR big box set a few months ago and tonight I'm going to try the Hiwatt 4x12 with the Fanes speakers. I originally was using a Komet air brake (it has a load box function as well) and slo 100 direct into my interface using the redwirez cab IRs, it sounds great but I wanted more options. I can't express how good amplitude 3 is for what it is and for the price. I'm going to record some stuff this weekend and I'll report back my results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts