Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
First off, since this is my first real post, I'd just like to introduce myself real quick..

My name's andy, played guitar seriously practicing 5ish hours on most days for about 4 years, and stopped as i began college. Aside from strumming a few tunes here or there, I haven't played seriously since then. now that a few years have passed and some of my time is starting to free up again, i've decided to pick up the axe again. when I played before, i progressed pretty quick from blink 182... through metallica... dream theater.. and vai. I remember seeing a jem at GC before I even knew who vai was and wanting one... though the $2300 price tag always scared me away. at any rate; without further adieu... I picked this JEM up last weekend S/N F0804009 for $1550. What do you all think? :) I love it so far! It feels great to finally own such a beautiful instrument that I've wanted for so long! Also here's a link to a video of me playing some satch on it :) Keep in mind i haven't played for almost 3 years.. so it's not perfect.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o96/cassette87/IMG_3352.jpg
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o96/cassette87/?action=view&current=Movie9.flv

·
Registered
926 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Club!
Keep good care of her :)
I love mine, best player guitar I ever had.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Everyone! I need to pick up a new set of strings for it and get it set up properly. I've never adjusted the action or innotation on my other ibanez before, and am a little intimidated to be quite honest. I want to learn on my own, seeing as I don't trust others handlingmy gear.. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? I've been reading through the FAQ on here quite a bit, and it's been very helpful so far! I'll more than likley go through the setup/maintnence procedures on my rg320dxqm... just to get the knack for it all before I do anything crazy with the jem.

Is there anything else I should be looking to do on a regular basis to keep my new jem in tip top shape?

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
oooooo er awsome.magic when you get your first jem,i played a 555 for 12 years so was extra special when i bought my first real jem.enjoy kid :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts