Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating between the Axe FX 3 and Kemper Profiler. My main use would be playing at home or jamming with friends through a guitar cab (as opposed to using a monitor or PA). I've finally decided on the Kemper. I have a couple of quick questions for those of you who have experience with this unit.

I don't want to cheap out on anything, but if I can get the same end result with spending less money that's they way I'll go.

1. I can get an unpowered Kemper and a Crown XLi power amp cheaper than a Kemper power rack. Aside from the obvious being all in one, is there any advantage of having a powered Kemper over and unpowered Kemper + power amp?

2. I've read that the Kemper Kone is a modified Celestion K12H-200TC. The Kemper Kone is $180 and out of stock everwhere I've looked. The Celestion is 1/2 that price at $90 and in stock. Obviously the Kemper Kone is specifically designed to go with the KPA. Is there enough difference between the two that the Kone will outshine the Celestion when using speaker imprints? Or will they both perform equally well with just slightly different tone; like comparing a Celestion V30 with a WGS retro 30?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Have you considered, at a fraction of the cost, the FM3? I've already read some posts on various sites of Kemper users who were 'wowed' by the FM3... and all the effects (and their quality). Something to consider.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts