Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Sit down with your guitar and try to learn the piece he plays in the second half of the solo (when the drums kick in). It's a solo piece by Paul Gilbert called "Frenzy" from back in his Racer X days. When you try to learn it you will see just how tough it is and also how easy this kid makes it seem. He is techniqically very good for being ANY age and has obviously put in a lot of time to developing his chops - tapping, picking and sweeping.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
lyconxero said:
Oh, THIS video again. I think this topic was already discussed to death and back.
Yeah it has been. Not too long ago either if I remember rightly.
However, I cant be bothered to go back and look for it, lol.

As I said when we discussed it here before though, the kid is pretty damn good for ANY age, he has some mean chops. And yes, he is defenitely older than 8.

·
Registered
199 Posts
He'll grow up to be one sick bastard I believe! He's mostly just fooling around in different scales which is not THAT hard. But the thing is, for a young lad like himself, he's doing a good job! I'm impressed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
sorry, but I really don't share your enthusiasm about it...

no doubt this children is very talented, and his technique is likely going to improve... but composing great songs, give emotions and invent something new on this instrument, well, that's very different... ;)

there's already a bunch of very talented guitarists out there, who can easily outperform joe satriani, but it was joe that invented "surfing with the alien", while those guys were (and still are) practicing playing scales at higher, higher speed, and still asking themselves why they aren't achieving platinum records sales...

now, I don't want to sound negative... we will see, and I hope for that young guy all the best... but try to think a little and you'll understand my point...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.